ABW Ambassador
    Another thread got me thinking. Ebates, etc, are very very big affiliates, they generate bazillions in sales, and some AM's are clueless about their tactics. Some don't care. Some are put in a biased position since the more sales generated through the affiliate program, the better they look, no matter how those sales were generated. Some even get a bonus or other compensation based on amount of sales. In any case it is many times in their advantage (short term, at least) to partner with anyone who can generate sales, by any means, especially if these were sales that would normally not be affiliate compensated(!).

What about going above the AM's head and attempting to make management aware of these issues? If the AM's are going to screw us, at least we could make an attempt to let someone above them know about it, as they are truly screwing over the company as well, for their own gain, when noncomissioned sales are being treated as commissionable and paid for.

Thoughts?

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

quote:
    What about going above the AM's head and attempting to make management aware of these issues? If the AM's are going to screw us, at least we could make an attempt to let someone above them know about it, as they are truly screwing over the company as well, for their own gain, when noncomissioned sales are being treated as commissionable and paid for.

You know what Joseph? Most probably already know!I understand that you are frustrated, but it is like Connie said last night in her post about this, sometimes the AM wants to practice "best practices" and their hands are tied.....sometimes the "higher-ups" think that they are practicing good ethics, and the AM is screwing them behind their backs!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    You know what Joseph? Most probably already know!I understand that you are frustrated, but it is like Connie said last night in her post about this, sometimes the AM wants to practice "best practices" and their hands are tied.....sometimes the "higher-ups" think that they are practicing good ethics, and the AM is screwing them behind their backs!

Liz,
    I'm sure in a great many cases the higher-ups do know. But, I'm talking about the cases where they don't know, or, where they just simply look at the numbers and don't understand what is truly going on.... I imagine it would be hard to reach these people and "make them" understand, though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Maybe wishful thinking.. hoping some had some ideas on ways to potentially reach them. Or maybe everyone thinks its pointless...

Thanks for the input..

Affiliate Manager
    It's hard for me to imagine that person would not be paying enough attention to know about these programs. However, I think that for places who are not as focussed on their affiliate business, this would be perfectly acceptable. I would send it as an informational letter and copy the affiliate manager as well.

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

ABW Ambassador
    Suggestion: If there are any companies where you have a financial interest (through owning shares directly, or through mutual funds), consider mentioning that fact. A letter coming from a shareholder might pack a bit more punch.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    sometimes the AM wants to practice "best practices" and their hands are tied

This is a very good reason to go over the AMs head. Express concern to the decision maker.

Yes! I agree.

Lizabeth Cole
    Affiliate Marketing Manger
    GiveAnything.com Gift Certificates
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread