ABW Ambassador
    I have a link on my website with urlredirection ( cj.com ) this redirects customer to a website ( e.g. blank.html ) on which I have an automatical redirection to the merchant where the customer wants to go.
    Let figure it out: if the customer clicks the first link, then a cookie is set, immideately after this action the parasiteware sets its cookie, but after that the cookie of blank.html is set ( it is my cookie ) automatically. And if this cookie is the last one which was set, it counts as my sale/lead.
    Right or wrong?

carneol

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Not sure exactly the sequence here you are describing. Is this it:

1. Link on your page to Merchant X with the href to www.yoursite.com/blank.html
    2. Blank.hmtl page does an auto redirect (with meta's, js, or whatever) to Merchant X affiliate tracking URL.
    3. Lands on Merchant X's site.

If this is what you are meaning, than no if Merchant X participates with a parasite and the visitor has the software on their computer, the cookie would be the parasites.

This would be the sequence:
    1. Link on your page to Merchant X with the href to www.yoursite.com/blank.html
    2. Blank.hmtl page does an auto redirect (with meta's, js, or whatever) to Merchant X affiliate tracking URL.
    3. Network servers are connected to with your affiliate tracking code and your cookie is set on visitor's computer.
    4. Network servers send the visitor to the Merchant X's site.
    5. Parasite software detects that one of their participant's have arrived at a merchant site that they partner with
    6. Visitor is sent back to the Network server's with their affiliate tracking code
    7. Network sets the parasite's cookie on the visitor's computer and is redirected back to Merchant X site.
    8. Your cookie has been overwritten and the parasite's cookie is the one in place.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread