http://www.e2give.com/about.shtml

with a Tiger Direct banner above it no less... I couldn't find the actual software but it looks like it's in the works.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I got a SmartBargains banner. They seem pretty not quite ready for prime-time. Not too swift either since one of their partners is Gator. ROFLMAO!

Well, as per TD's new addendum to their TOS posted here today, Andy will take care of it.

I wonder who is doing their software for them though. Wonder if it's Top Moxie or if they are buying some recycled trojan program.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

kinda like a perverted version of robin hood.

Yeah - Andy will splat it if needs be.

It must be real pain for AM's to have to police everyone and anyone who decides to use their images, claim association with them, pop up over their site etc.

You'd think there oughta be a law or something that would keep this all clean.

@BLFH - Maybe they won't find it that easy to get software from one of the established sources. I saw a post somewhere about "rumblings" of some kind of legal action against "as yet undecided" targets. If they're gonna get sued, I doubt if they'll be taking on new "clients". Not that you can be too sure about the validity of these "rumblings" of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Are you Crazy?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Case closed! Anyone else?

quote:
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:12 AM
    To: 'affiliates@e2give.com'
    Subject: Violation of Tiger's TOS

Ms. Sheradin,

It has come to my attention that your business model involves a software download that your site visitors must download to participate in your program. From your site description:

HOW THE E2GIVE PROGRAM WORKS
    All you have to do to make the e2give engine work is download the e2give software and each time you make a qualifying purchase from a merchant listed on the web site, e2give will donate a percentage of your purchase to our supported charities. Please see participating merchants page to select a qualified merchant partner, visit their site and purchase a product. It is that simple to give using e2give.

Based on TigerDirect's affiliate agreement, we do not work with affiliate sites that use software downloads to distract, interfere or remind users while they are visiting other affiliate partner sites. We believe that the sale and the commission from that sale must go to the original affiliate site that brought the visitor to Tiger to begin with. Any distraction, pop up, reminder service, icon or download, that interferes with the original website's marketing efforts and potentially causes the original affiliate to loose the sale is against Tiger's TOS and is not allowed by TigerDirect. As of today, your affiliate application is terminated. Please take down any and all links and references to TigerDirect.

Thank you in advance for your time in this manner,

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Program Manager

TigerDirect.com
    7795 W. Flagler St, Ste 35
    Miami, Fl 33144
    P: (305) 415-2313
    F: (305) 415-2149
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

** By the way Neil, i don't see you on my affiliate list? AFAIK, you are not a Tiger affiliate partner are you?

You want to help fight the parasite issue, start by supporting the merchants that are against it!

Maybe I can cut you a check sometime ehh?

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com

ABW Ambassador
    Andy My Man WTG!
    Cazzie

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Andy, for Xmas, I'm gonna have to send you a Sheriff's badge.

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

quote:
    Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Andy, for Xmas, I'm gonna have to send you a Sheriff's badge.

appreciate it, just send me another 1,000 clicks and i'll send you some money...hec, we can do that all year round !!

Andy Rodriguez,

TigerDirect.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    LOL, I'm tryin'! I do have a check comin' from TD, now all we have to work on is the number of digits involved!

ABW Ambassador
    Lets see if I've got this right:

affiliates police merchants
    affiliates police networks
    affiliates police parasites
    merchants police parasites
    merchants police affiliates
    merchants police networks
    networks police merchants
    networks police parasites
    networks police affiliates
    and now............aparently
    parasites police parasites

LOL - Hey - It's no wonder this crap is all screwed up! Reminds me of a few flowcharts I've seen where you knew only chaos and disasterous would come out of the design.

The network as a middle man that affiliates have confidence in has just entered a new all time low.

Networks have completey forced monitoring of policies fully on merchants and said they were not going to do it. Give me a f'ing break. It's bad enough that the many unethical merchants can slide by with reversals, turning tracking off and now..... they can hide there parasitic relationships as well.

This is a "BUSINESS"? Incredible!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Andy you hands down are deserving of all the support and clicks the ABW crew can give you. You might add to your TOS terms prohibiting the BHO parasites one bold line.

"Any entity or alliance using a BHO type download to earn commissions from TigerDirect's sales tracking tags agree to forfeit all commissions without recourse."

Go get em' Sheriff Andy

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by happypoon:
    LOL - Hey - It's no wonder this crap is all screwed up! Reminds me of a few flowcharts I've seen where you knew only chaos and disasterous would come out of the design.

It is better than the flowcharts that come up in a start-up meeting for a 1,000 hour project where you suddenly realize that ALL the work is centered at a single point, YOU.

IamJaloppy

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

Thanks for the heads up here, I see they have Mondera listed too, I'll be terminating that today, please do drop me mail if you see Mondera featured on any sites like this

Thanks

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Way to go, Andy and Chris!

I plan on joining both of your programs after the first of the year! I do want to support merchants who set the standard for business ethics on the Internet!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy:
    _Way to go, Andy and Chris!_

I do want to support merchants who set the standard for business ethics on the Internet!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Andy, i want to support your bank account! How much do you need per month from me? You tell me what you need and i'll tell you what to do to get it. It's simple.

Andy Rodriguez,

TigerDirect.com

ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo! Another one bites the dust!
    WTG Andy & Chris!
    Cazzie

Andy-TigerDirect wrote:
    quote:
    Andy, i want to support your bank account! How much do you need per month from me? You tell me what you need and i'll tell you what to do to get it. It's simple.

Andy,

I'll contact you after the first of the year! Have a good Holiday, and thanks again for your support of the affiliates this past year. You're a good guy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Andy
    (the other one) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I was hoping for a concession from Andy as my HairLippedParrots.com site won't be able to fly without a donation BHO download. How am I going to make it trying to push the other non-converting puter stuff unless I resort to coupons. I refuse to push stuffed parrots at Overstock's Worldstock section and I'm kind of rough on cheap body jewelry.

I was hoping to pilfer EcomCity pages, but they're weak on parasite friendly merchants and the concensis is they suck anyhow. Come on you guys & gals point me to some converting parasitic merchants who can further my cause. No sense in pressuring Haiko for some free banners and maybe a "driveby" backdoor trojan install (hint-hint), if I can't close some sales with a popup. I'm willing to converse with lesser quality AM's than Andy on this subject and need a corporate sponsored BHO provider unless CJ, LS & BeFree have one laying around on the cheap.

Contact me at Charlie@EcomCity.com and together we can get this off the ground. ps; my wings are clipped. Excuse any typos as my feet are killing me today.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

ABW Ambassador
    and still no words from cj.com on ebates.....

carneol :
    confused:

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread