Thought everyone might be interested:

http://www.affiliatemanager.net/rewards.shtml
    http://www.affiliatemanager.net/charity.shtml

So much for our Nov.7th Representative taking a stance against the parasites I guess.

We should be real proud!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Talk about a conflict of interest!

I guess this is a case of "do as I say, not as I do" right Shawn?

That whole Nov. 7th thing was a farce anyway. The networks don't enforce the CoC in most cases, now we find there was a spy on our side.

Disgusting.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Not surprised.

I smelled something wrong there right off, but if I said anything people would have demanded "proof." But there *is* no proof, for what was a gut feeling...

At least it was only a gut feeling until now!

~Revenue is King

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Connie,

quote:
    So much for our Nov.7th Representative taking a stance against the parasites I guess.

We should be real proud!

Every site listed in those areas (with the exception of ClubMom) was submitted by affiliate managers.

Don't forget the third link - http://www.affiliatemanager.net/promo.shtml - the one where your site is listed.

I am not 'pushing' any of these sites to merchants. I've simply had a lot of feedback over the years from people asking who are the biggest affiliates.

About a year and a half ago, I started accepting submissions of sites for those specific categories.

As you can see, those are all direct links - I have no benefit from listing the companies.

Since you've brought it up, I think it would be instructive to people to know which of the sites listed are using adware - what do you think?

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net - tools and resources for affiliate managers

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Gives new meaning to self serving. Also seems like pretty stupid business move on his part to be actively promoting those that could siphon off his commissions. Hmmm, unless he has some type of guarantee that *his* cookies wouldn't be overwritten.

Agree Leader, and my gut was with yours. And after all the stink that was caused with nominating reps and the way everyone was going after each other. Really is a crying shame.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

BLFH -

quote:
    Gives new meaning to self serving.

If I was interested in being self serving, I would not be featuring a laundry list of sites that compete with ClubMom.

quote:
    Hmmm, unless he has some type of guarantee that *his* cookies wouldn't be overwritten.

Keep the conspiracy theories coming.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

Cross posted with Shawn.

quote:
    Every site listed in those areas (with the exception of ClubMom) was submitted by affiliate managers.

So???

quote:
    Don't forget the third link - http://www.affiliatemanager.net/promo.shtml - the one where your site is listed.

Have you no shame at all Shawn? The issue here is you having pages up which lists affiliates that AM's should consider recruiting because they would be beneficial to their programs. And some on your list being parasitc. To throw that statement at Connie..... Connie runs a very ethical business and site. Maybe you should be taking some examples from her.

quote:
    I am not 'pushing' any of these sites to merchants.

From you rewards site page:

Below are Rewards sites that just may be your next Super Affiliates

This newly compiled prospect list provides a de-duplicated file of the leading 'coupon and discount shopping' sites with a reach to hundreds of thousands of US consumers.

As an affiliate manager this could provide the basis for a carefully targeted affiliate acquisition campaign for new partners capable of driving significant volume.

OH...OK...you aren't pushing them.

quote:
    About a year and a half ago, I started accepting submissions of sites for those specific categories.

Your site, your pages, you ultimately decide what goes on them.

quote:
    Since you've brought it up, I think it would be instructive to people to know which of the sites listed are using adware - what do you think?

No Shawn...the issue is what do YOU think?

BTW Shawn, how goes things with that toolbar of yours?

BLFH -

quote:
    Have you no shame at all Shawn? The issue here is you having pages up which lists affiliates that AM's should consider recruiting because they would be beneficial to their programs. And some on your list being parasitc.

I was simply pointing out that there are three categories, and Connie is listed in one of them.

You may be surprised to hear that quite a few affiliate managers consider promo code/coupon sites to be parasites.

Therefore, I think it's reasonable that if you wish to slight me for listing charity and rewards sites, that you might as well include the promo code/coupon sites.

quote:
    From you rewards site page:

Below are Rewards sites that just may be your next Super Affiliates

This newly compiled prospect list provides a de-duplicated file of the leading 'coupon and discount shopping' sites with a reach to hundreds of thousands of US consumers.

As an affiliate manager this could provide the basis for a carefully targeted affiliate acquisition campaign for new partners capable of driving significant volume.

OH...OK...you aren't pushing them.

The passage you've quoted is an advertisement for Neil Durrant's compilation of 'leading coupon and discount shopping' sites.

This is independent of the content on the pages.

quote:
    No Shawn...the issue is what do YOU think?

I think a lot of affiliate managers need help to build their programs, and I try to help them out.

Since this topic has been brought up, I also think it would be useful for affiliate managers to know which of the sites listed use some form of adware, and I will add notations to that effect.

quote:
    BTW Shawn, how goes things with that toolbar of yours?

Currently, nothing goes. I'm researching and talking to people about the feasibility of launching a tool that does not impede affiliates in any way.

I think the important part of the story is that so many merchants out there are still using these programs, and still believe that they are high-performers, when - from what I've read recently - they are only combining the performance of many sites and claiming it as their own.

Shawn, I think the notification regarding "Suspicious Activity" would be a very good thing. Including a note that many other affiliate partners will NOT work with companies who use these programs.

For those unsuspecting AMs who stumble across that list, it would be beneficial to be warned about the potential consequences.

JMHO

Paul

The Greatest Power You Possess Is The Power To Choose.

Rugman.com (Merchant Through CJ)

quote:
    Therefore, I think it's reasonable that if you wish to slight me for listing charity and rewards sites, that you might as well include the promo code/coupon sites.

The slight isn't for you listing reward/charity/promo code/coupon sites. And you darn well know that Shawn. I know you aren't that dense. The slap on the wrist is for you listing the likes of ebates, shopathomeselect, mypoints, igive, etc.

You know darn well that a site can be reward/charity/coupon and NOT be parasitic. No issue with those at all.

Also all the sites I listed above are NOT adware they are PARASITEWARE.

Paul,

Exactly. And BTW, I don't think I got to welcome you to ABW, so hello and welcome and thank you very much for taking the time to educate yourself as you have and the stance you have taken.

Shawn is well aware of the points you bring up. As a matter of history, Shawn was elected by his fellow affiliates to represent us during the Nov 7th meeting which brought about the COC. That he would have such a list published is a slap in the face to all affiliates who put their trust in him.

OK - those pages no longer exist - see http://www.affiliatemanager.net/super.shtml

I appreciate all of your concerns, and I was just trying to help some people with those lists.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Shawn,

If i may suggest, a link to the ABW parasiteware forum to help educate unsuspecting merchant AM's about the parasite ware issue and help spread the word.

That would certainly help in educating the many merchants that "don't have a clue"

Just my 2 cents...

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

BLFH, Thanks for the warm welcome. I think I'm going to like it here.

Paul

The Greatest Power You Possess Is The Power To Choose.

Rugman.com (Merchant Through CJ)

Shawn,

Thank you for removing the pages. Although I must say I fail to see how your page of recommendations would truly "help" AMs. You didn't note that a lot of other affiliates wouldn't join programs that had parasites in them.

I also vote for Andy's suggestion of placing a link to the Parasiteware forum on your site, as this seems to be a big area of confusion and misunderstanding among many AMs, and additional information on this concern would probably open their eyes, and be helpful to both affiliates and merchants.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I was wondering how all those links just when to Shawn's main index.shtml page. Of course the "incent" traffic pushers here at ABW know I'm not supposed to peak at a list or coupon-rewards-points and surf to earn sites.....LOL

Here I though Shawn had banned my browser.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Andy -

Good suggestion - just put a note and link at the top of the page.

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy - TigerDirect:
    If i may suggest, a link to the ABW parasiteware forum to help educate unsuspecting merchant AM's about the parasite ware issue and help spread the word.

I can give you a JS code this is a live feed of active topics in the PWare forum

see http://abestweb.com/feed.htm

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Wow, hope everyone realizes how quickly and easily he changed his page, so it must not have meant much to him to start with.

Wonder why we don't get more merchants and managers involved at abestweb, hmmm.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shawn Collins - ClubMom:
    I think a lot of affiliate managers need help to build their programs, and I try to help them out.

So why not point them to ABW where there are decent hard working affiliates that will do the job for them. Suggesting that an introduction with eBates could be beneficial to a merchant is an amazing stance.

BTW, thanks for removing the pages....

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

quote:
    So why not point them to ABW where there are decent hard working affiliates that will do the job for them.

See http://www.affiliatemanager.net/boards.shtml

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread