Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I'm sure you have all seen that waterfall screensaver affiliate program. It's everywhere.
    Some of you may even promote it. Waterfalls screensaver by freeze.zom (publisher program @ freezecoldcash.com)

Just read on another forum the download is full of parasites. "According to the poster: Adaware reports over 10 unsollicited changes made by the setup... including desktop icons & added registry keys."

According to the Affiliate Manager "I wanted to follow up and describe the software bundles we offer as part of our installation process. These bundles directly effect what we pay out to affiliates. This post is based on today's installation, of course we could change at any time.

If you install our screen saver .exe you will be walked through full page offers that explain and provide a full privacy policy for each partner we have bundled, allowing the user to uncheck the bundle if they choose they are not interested.

Our partners include popular news service Forbes, Weatherbug, Whenu, and New.net.

The user's are not presented and uncheck option for New.net, it is a mandatory install if you want to complete the screen saver installation.

If you uncheck the others they are not installed. Additionally, we do place a screen saver upgrade icon, and a few other icons on the user's desktops which are nothing more than links to partner offers (no software installed with these)."

So sounds like the default is to install all and the user has to be savvy enough to read the instructions and UNinstall what they don't want. Of course most average sufers don't know anything about this stuff and just install it all.

Jeeze, affiliates are promoting this and it helps parasites steal affiliate commissions.

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing 5 Star Affiliate Programs: DentalPlans|zZounds|Irv's Luggage|Roadloans

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let this merchant/Duper/ greedy monger know whhat he can do with his FREEBEE screen saver....

Registrant:
    Freeze.com, LLC (FREEZE13-DOM)
    P.O. Box 1142
    St. Cloud, MN 56302
    US

Domain Name: FREEZE.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Weber, Robert (RW7731) domains@TEAMFREEZE.COM
    Freeze.com LLC
    PO BOX 1142
    SAINT CLOUD, MN 56302-1142
    US
    320-203-7157 fax: 320-203-7157
    Technical Contact:
    Ohme, Kyle (KOX343) kyle@RVPC.COM
    rvpc.com, freeze.com
    PO BOX 1142
    SAINT CLOUD, MN 56302-1142
    US

Record expires on 21-May-2006.
    Record created on 08-Sep-2002.
    Database last updated on 27-Jun-2003 15:07:05 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.FREEZE.COM 207.250.236.200
    NS2.FREEZE.COM 213.187.214.71
    NS3.FREEZE.COM 64.83.222.10

END WHOIS RECORD ------

The e-mail address in the post above to ????@freezecoldcash.com is a non-existant domain

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I copied that from the post on the other forum. I think the poster was meant to say "the publisher program is @(at) freezecoldcash.com" Don't think that was an email address.

Representing 5 Star Affiliate Programs: DentalPlans|zZounds|Irv's Luggage|Roadloans

Can anyone verify that the Freeze.com savers have spyware in them before we possibly jump to conclusions?

Paul Diemer, President
    Bit Wise Publishing, LLC
    http://www.bitwisepublishing.com

I would feel awful if I said something that was untrue.

Here is where I found the thread. http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=21338

I copied part of the post from the AM that freely admits they bundle their partners Weatherbug, Whenu and New.net. in their app. It says the poster was Ryan the AM. Looks legit. The post is signed:
    Regards,
    Ryan J. Weber
    EVP
    Freeze.com

If someone forged this post in his name and made it all up - that would be really bad. It would be my bad for cross posting the info. But it looked like it was legit. If it's not true then I'm very sorry for trying to warn people about something that was a forgery.

Thanks, Linda. Looks legit to me. This oughta be some very interesting conversations as I know there are a ton of sites out there marketing their products.

Paul Diemer, President
    Bit Wise Publishing, LLC
    http://www.bitwisepublishing.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread