ABW Ambassador
    Thanks to Dragon Dame's post
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...953#3246025953
    I checked the merchants on their list, and found JCWhitney, Eastwood, Tigerdirect and many more.
    Just a heads up, I don't think this program has been tested yet to see if they are diverting traffic.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see anything on their website about downloadable software which is what is typically used to divert traffic. While giving rebates is a violation of a handful of merchants, it's not a CofC violation because it doesn't negatively impact affiliates.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Ditto,

we are not opposed to rebate affiliates, as long as their arms remain on their own sites...

Once they reach out and touch someone on another partner's site, that's where we have the problem...

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

ABW Ambassador
    Andy
    Does Dealnerd work on the same commission rate as the rest of us or are they given a higher % to compensate for giving rebates.
    Cazzie

I would no more discuss another partner's specific relationship then I would yours.
    I am not comfortable with JCW affiliate partner's identifying one another on a public forum for discussion.

We can talk business models in general but I think what I see evolving here is not something I can support.

Thanks,
    Rick

Rick McGrath
    Partner Development
    JC Whitney & Co.
    affiliatehelp@JCWhitney.com
    800-863-4227 ext. 5681

ABW Ambassador
    I understand what you are saying Rick, perhaps I should have made that question more general, such as are rebate sites given a higher commission rate? Can they make deals?
    Just trying to figure out if in fact it is profitable to create a legit rebate site. Some merchants give low commission rates, for example if the rate is 3% and I give back one % the profit margin decreases considerably. If I am still out of line I apologize.
    Cazzie

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by cazzie:
    Andy
    Does Dealnerd work on the same commission rate as the rest of us or are they given a higher % to compensate for giving rebates.
    Cazzie

Cazz, we don't compensate any affiliate any extra based on them offering rebates to their members.

I agree with Rick, in the direction this may be going, and suffice it to say that the affiliate in question has not earned enough in our relationship for a cup of coffee.

Going forward though, it's not "cool" to discuss other affiliate's eranings unless that affiliate discusses it in public...ie. WemasterMike...

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

ABW Ambassador
    Merchants determine an affiliate's commission rate based on the sales that affiliate drives to the merchant and I doubt any merchant would ever determine the commission level based on the affiliate's business model.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread