Anybody heard of these guys? Supposedly you can purchase search terms for an annual fee that will launch your site into the forefront of the customers browser when entered at most of the more popular search engines... the search results appearing on the left side. I just got pitched.

I have had similar pitches before. This wouldn't be considered parasiteware though, would it? They get there money from an annual fee, not CPA so they wouldn't have any reason to overwrite affiliate cookies.

I'm more curious than anything. I don't think I'll be coughing up the $750 annually for our hottest search term (9,000 plus guaranteed clicks per month).

www.walk2.com

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    BHO search redirect parasite hijacking the listings of the top 10 SE's. Traffic con men spinning this one as they need drive-by or sleezy affiliates to infect systems. Cheap way spread the word is spam and this is a poor man's idea of S/W technology. Next step is to have a search bar function and then comes the Affiliate ID swapping and cookie setting popups as they garner a Duper Status at the networks.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I concurr, that type of traffic NEVER converts into sales and the 'clicks' they are talking about are actually page-views and not clicks at all! I have unfortunately tried this type of traffic in the past and it SUCKS!
    Not to mention parasitic.
    Thank you,

Evan Weber

Moved to suspicious activity forum

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I think I'll read the sales guy Mike & Charlie's post when he calls back.

hmmm... a dancing mango. What will they think of next???

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread