Can anyone think of a reason why one would want to ensure all the affiliate links on a page (or even an entire site for that matter), were tracked by the same network? i.e., would it be better to have all of the links on a BareNeccessities page be Linksh*re?

It sounds silly, they are after all only URLs to click on. But, I remember a couple of years ago some discussion about tracking issues with multiple networks.

Anyone?

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Your question is valid as it applies to merchants who have multiple programs all being tracked from the same chopping cart.

"But, I remember a couple of years ago some discussion about tracking issues with multiple networks."

Some merchant carts do not perform as intended when trying to parse out referral cookies from multiple networks. Befree and LS reporting tags, when both active, seem to be the most troublesome. Just ask Dell or Overstock.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    But isn't the problem on the merchant's end?

In other words, it shouldn't matter if the affiliate's page has merchants from multiple networks.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread