ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone heard of AmeriDollars? The email that I got from an Opt in list is below. I went to their site but didn't see anything that said their members had to download anything but it just seems suspicious to me. Any one heard about them or any thoughts on it? Thanks.

Here's part of the email:

The AmeriDollars program allows you to attract customers while eliminating any upfront advertising risk. Because there are no upfront fees with our program, you simply pay a percentage of the sale each time we bring you a customer.

How Does It Work?

AmeriDollars allows consumers to receive rebates when they shop at participating online or retail merchants. Consumers can receive a rebate or donate to a participating charity.
    Join AmeriDollars for free - simply offer a rebate to our customers (a % of the sale)
    We drive customers to you through our website, newsletter, and offline promotion with various charities/organizations.

Kip

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    With a name like that and a ebiz plan of a B-a-HO it is probably some fund raising front for the Al Quada

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate Manager
    I talked to them about this...didn't really quite understand that much. It all seemed legit from what I could tell but they did mention something about changing our credit card processor (or something to do with our CC processing) which totally halted any interest.

I probably just didn't understand the program but as soon as people start talking to me about how our system will need to be changed immediately draws up red flags. When things are going so smoothly the last thing a company wants to do is change stuff around when it is not necessary.

Again, I am not saying that they are parasites, scams or anything like that. I was just uncomfortable with them after they started talking about changing things around on our end.

To Good Health & Wellbeing,

Chet Brzezinski
    eVitamins Affiliate Manager
    http://www.eVitamins.com

The eVitamins Parasite & Scumware Policy:
    http://www.vitamins-etc.com/parasitepolicy.asp

ABW Ambassador
    Chet - I missed that about the credit card. I agree. Any system change requirements aren't good. Plus, they have such a similar plan to the bad rebate plans that they just seem shady to me. I'll pass.

Mike and Charlie - That totally cracked me up. I'm sure you're right.

Heres what I got in the mail recently. I had not read it and planned to delete it until I read these posts.

Greetings,

My name is MR GUY and I manage the affiliate marketing for the company (reference prior post). While searching through yahoo and google looking for rewards programs participants , I came across your site. I like the way things look , and would like to invite you to look at our program for consideration. See it at www.********.com

Our program is very similar to MyPoints or GoldPoints , except you earn CASH back - not points. By becoming an www.********.com affiliate, you receive 10% of the rebates earned by the consumers that you refer to us. This commission is earned any time a customer that you referred to us makes a purchase from any of our participating online or retail merchants . Our affiliate program is a residual income program since you make this referral commission every single month . The more consumers you refer to us, the larger your commission residual will grow . We are one of the only programs where you can also earn affiliate revenue fees for driving people to RETAIL businesses (in addition to online) without requiring any special tracking -- other than their ordinary credit card.

We are not asking you to try to sell specific products , or requiring you to apply each time a new merchant signs up or adds a new campaign . As an www.********.com affiliate you will be given only one link. You will earn a commission any time one of the customers that you referred to us makes a purchase at any merchant in our network. As we add new merchants and new categories, the opportunity for you to earn more commissions grows and grows!

The best part of this system is that you will make a commission on every purchase your customer makes from any merchant for the life of the customer! No more cookies to worry about! When the customer registers they are assigned as your affiliate forever! As your base of customers grows and makes purchases from the many merchants we are partnering with your monthly commissions will increase! This could easily add up to hundreds or even thousands of dollars a month in commissions.
    You'll have access to our extensive database of banners and text links to promote our site. If you are interested in earning revenue from the traffic that comes to your site, and enhancing your site, join the BLAHBLOOBLEE Affiliate Program today!

Have any questions? Feel free to email me at blahbloobleeguy@******.com.

Thanks for your time,

Mr GUY
    Online Affiliate Marketing Manager
    XYZ CO
    www.********.com
    Phone: ***-***-****
    blahbloobleeguy@******.com

Yep ....sounds almost verbatium to the CyberRebates PONZI scheme. Probably requires the shoppers to register their credit cards, give up sellable privacy info, and submit to spamm for a lifetime. Next they'll be promoting home product recruiting parties and promissing millions a life of leasure. Damn Ad whores or worse.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

If it looks like

If it smells like

If it tastes like

It's probably

I hate

Andy

Im kinda hungry right now for some reason. Is it lunchtime yet?

quote:
    Im kinda hungry right now for some reason. Is it lunchtime yet?
    Isn't really better for breakfast? I seem to remember my Grandmother frying it and serving it with scrambled eggs, toast, etc.

It's been years since I've had

Andy

I would imagine, merchants would be required to change credit card processing to Ameridollars other company, Amerimerchant.

I don't think I would be willing to make such a change.

As a buyer, I'm not going to give my credit card information to anyone other than the company I'm buying from - and I never choose to let them store the information for future buying...

I don't know if they're on the up and up or not. I don't see anything that requires a download. Just the thought of them storing credit card info was enough to click the back button.

OH ..but they had a vision ...blah ...blah ...blah

Mike & Charlie ...

Hey guys - just wanted to let you know that this program is completely straight forward. When it comes to Evitamins post - it is not required for any merchant to change their credit card processor, it just allows for safer tracking because it removes the human error of bad programming. All that is changed in that process is the Merchant ID number anyway. No cost changes or programming modifications. Also when it comes to rumors of spyware - this is where it all started: On the website under How it Works there is this line "Receiving your rebate is easy. Simply use the credit cards that you normally shop with and our proprietary technology will automatically detect when you use a registered credit card at one of our participating online or retail merchants." The proprietary technology reference is what scared people. Let me assure you that this is not anything like a TopMoxie or any ParasiteWare program. This is a popup window based thing. I have even talked to Haiko about this issue and let him know that it was nothing to worry about. How could ParasiteWare be used when you can earn commission on offline purchases also? When it comes to spam spam spam - If you would check Mr. Guy's phone number - you would see it is his cell number. How many affiliate mangers give that to 1 million people? I went out and found all these affiliates before contacting them. Sorry if some elbows were bumped. Any recommendations on how to clarify and with who are appreciated. I hope some things have been cleared up so far. If anyone has any questions, let me know.
    ben@ameridollars.com

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread