Just noticed this..Let me know if you get the same thing..

First I went to http://ivillage.overstock.com

Then I went to my site and clicked on one of my affiliate links to overstock. The ivillage site still shows up. So does that mean if someone goes thru ivillage first, and then to mine that ivillage still gets credit?

Yeah I get the same thing.
    My affiliate id shows up correctly in the browser bar but I am seeing the ivillage.overstock.

Everything looks fine if I close the window that I visited ivillage in and go through one of my links in a new window.

Must Build More in 2004
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

My id shows in the address bar, but no matter what I do, the ivillage thing is still there, and if you click on of the navigation tabs it takes you to ivillage.overstock.com...

Connie,

I just checked. First I cleared my cookies, opened a new browser window, and went to your site. Then I clicked on your Overstock link. Everything looked fine when I arrived at Overstock.

Then I closed that browser, and opened a new one and went to the ivillage.overstock site. I closed that browser window, opened another new one, and went to your site again. I clicked on your Overstock link and got the ivillage.overstock site again. It's definitely setting a cookie when you visit, and your site doesn't appear to be overwriting it, which it should be doing since I clicked from your site last.

The correct affiliate ID (yours) wasn't the same the second time I visited from your site, it had a different one listed.

Andy

I just tested this too. I went directly to ivillage.overstock.com, then went to my Overstock samples script on my scripts site. When I clicked on the link, it opened with ivillage showing.

Rather interesting.

Chris

----------------------------
    ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

quote:
    Originally posted by cditty:
    I just tested this too. I went directly to ivillage.overstock.com, then went to my Overstock samples script on my scripts site. When I clicked on the link, it opened with ivillage showing.

Hmmm... Got the same thing when I tried my links.

Not good, not good at all.

-----------------------------
    Scott

"Can't we all just get along? Only when we've been drinking."

Well, I guess it isn't just my computer doing something funky then.

Not good...not good at all.
    I have emailed Overstock.

Greetings all,

Thanks for the posts. I will look into this issue and get back to you shortly.

Regards,

J.T. Stephens
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Overstock.com
    jstephens@overstock.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    This snafu works like a charm on my site too. Sure hope the iVillage cookie can get overwritten by my shoppers. Click totals must be huge for the 15 million monthly iVillage shoppers.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Well, work a little bit quicker ( please) , still not fixed as of today! 1/12 . I did this with my site as well, now I am in ivillage hell through my links. My id IS showing up but my customers get a plug for ivillage just the same if they have ever visited the link prior.

Greetings all,

Please do not panic. The ivillage site does not overwrite your affiliate IDs and is not stealing your sales. Additionally, this Powered-by version of the Overstock site does not permanently brand your links.

If someone visits your affiliate site and clicks on an Overstock link, they will not see the ivillage page unless they have recently visited the ivillage page and not closed their browser (which removes the cookie). Note that our relationship with ivillage ended many months ago and we had less than ten visitors to the ivillage site each month during Q4 2003.

Because of your concerns with ivillage site, I have taken the necessary steps to delete it. It should be gone within the next 48 hours.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

J.T. Stephens
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Overstock.com
    jstephens@overstock.com

Thanks JT. Nice meeting you in NYC too.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks JT for clearing this up and making a painless pro-active affiliate move. Guess you guys figured out that Overstock is a top 50 branded destination shopping destination with or without private labeled portal deals.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread