Hi everyone
    I started a site about one week back. It basically offers services like Free project hosting,code snippets etc.

How do i advertise for this site. Since I wont be making any money out of it, I dont intend to spend too much money on advertising. What is the best way I can get programmers to visit my site and take advantage of its services.
    The website is
    Any advice would be appreciated

ABW Ambassador
    West Coast USA
    Remove all tags but Title, Description and Keywords.
    Load javascript from off the page.
    Hand submit to the search engines.
    Keep building pages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Load javascript from off the page <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Adam,

Could you give me more input of what you mean pls.

I'm playing around on learning java and putting script on my new project and would like to know if it would be a se friendly with the script!

Pretty pls?

What does the COC stand for? &lt;b&gt;Crooks Overwriting Commissions.&lt;/b&gt;
    &lt;b&gt;Don't worry! Tracking is infected!&lt;/b&gt;
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Not Adam but will give it a shot anyway

That page is full of javascript so it takes more time for the site do load and display. What Adam meant was put the javasript in a separate file on the server (like "javascript.js") and call it like this:

&lt; script language="javascript" src="javascript.js" type="text/javascript" &gt;
    &lt; /script &gt;

This will store the file with all the javascript in your browser's cache so it doesn't have to load everytme you open a new page. Makes it easier to maintain (just edit the code within javascript.js instead of on all the pages), html pages are smaller and everything loads faster.

SEs don't read javascript so avoid Javascript/DHTML menus. Also keep in mind some browsers don't support it.

YOURsoft affiliate software
    Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread