For about three weeks, I've been noticing my homepage has been changed every two days, to zestyfind.com. I've downloaded about five spyware programs and just when I think I've gotten rid of it, it comes back.

I have no idea which program continues to do this, and I'm hoping someone else might have a clue as to what this is. So far, I've only found a couple of references on the web about this, and one I thought to be helpful was totally useless.

I'm also getting browser windows opening into advertising sites - this started about a week ago. I'm still fighting to rid myself of these pests and would appreciate your input.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    not sure on your problems toget it off, but to avoid many that do this changes your activex controls to prompt not allow.
    This can help avoid the ones that capitalize on the activexes

Good place to check and see if infected is http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

Thanks for your reply. I was at doxdesk earlier and they couldn't detect anything. None of my spyware proggies are detecting anything, so it must be masquerading as something else?

Succubus,

To remove it, go to: http://securityresponse.symantec.com...zestyfind.html

I think it gets loaded with smilie central.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Here's the info on this programming butthole.

Registrant:
    NicTech Networks, Inc.
    11633 Wild Horse Trail
    St paul, Minnesota 55124
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: ZESTYFIND.COM
    Created on: 23-Jun-03
    Expires on: 23-Jun-04
    Last Updated on: 18-Nov-03

Administrative Contact:
    Patterson, Bill sale@nictechnetwork.com
    NicTech Networks, Inc.
    11633 Wild Horse Trail
    St paul, Minnesota 55124
    United States
    9529976168 Fax --
    Technical Contact:
    Patterson, Bill sale@nictechnetwork.com
    NicTech Networks, Inc.
    11633 Wild Horse Trail
    St paul, Minnesota 55124
    United States
    9529976168 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS.RACKSPACE.COM
    NS2.RACKSPACE.COM

END WHOIS RECORD ------

That's a phoney whois e-mail contact address for this guy....it's http://www.nictechnetworks.com/

NicTech Networks, Inc. is a leading desktop media corporation based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with a software facility in the Netherlands. NicTech Networks is a closely held, private corporation and does not currently trade on any open market. The corporation runs on a positive cash flow basis and is completely self funded.

NicTech Networks is the parent company of several unique and innovative downloadable technology products. Our solutions assist our business partners and consumers realize mutual value relationships. NicTech Networks is a leading global provider of online services providing engaging online applications and communities to consumers and reliable solutions to businesses. The company, which was founded in 2002, operates websites that reach out to millions of visitors from all around the world monthly.

(3rd world programmers seeking sleezeware partnerships for you Ad Whores out there. We are a leading edge theftware fire firmly implanting malware on millions of systems world wide. since we cut our teeth making P2P copywrite pilfering S/W for the masses.)

Business Solutions
    Through its advanced networks and highly selective partnerships, NicTech Networks offers businesses with world-class solutions and applications that are robust, reliable, and affordable. By offering a wide range of services NicTech Networks is able to provide comprehensive and tightly integrated solutions.

Advertising
    With a reach of over ten million monthly Internet users, NicTech Networks is able to offer highly-targeted online advertising solutions.

Contact Us
    We will be only too happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding our services, applications and advertisement opportunities. Please email us at info@nictechnetworks.com.

NicTech Networks is the parent company of several unique and innovative downloadable technology products and services. NicTech solutions help business partners and consumers realize mutually beneficial relationships. NicTech Networks is a leading global supplier of online services providing engaging online applications and communities to consumers and reliable solutions to corporations. NicTech Networks operates websites and applications that reach out to millions of visitors from all around the World monthly.

Company: NicTech Networks, Inc.

Headquarters Address: 14551 Europa Way
    Apple Valley, Minnesota 55124

Main Telephone: 612-720-4674

Type of Organization: Private

Industry: Technology

Key Executives: President: Timothy Nichols

General Information
    Phone: 612-720-4674
    Email: tim@nictechnetworks.com

Wonder if he's related to Paul Nichols
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

THank you all so much for your replies and suggestions.

I went to the Symantic website and followed the manual removal instructions. I think I must have already deleted the .dll file because I couludn't find it and I do recall deleting one starting with msg.

I'll let you know in a couple of days whether I'm still being bombarded with a homepage hijack or unsolicited ads.

Thanks again.

Ruh roh.
    I got another ad pop up. I'm sad now

Not sure if this is applicable to win98, but how do you disable system restore on this OS? I forgot about that part.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Succubus you could gather up the "Lord of The Ring" forces and beat the removal instructions out of the Minnesota BHO Ad Whore.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread