I did a quick search of this board using the term pop-ups and did not quickly find anything that helped me explain what is going on. (remember I am a parasite newbie) Anyway..I started a new weight loss site that is not even indexed in G yet. I also have the google tool bar that is supposed to block pop-ups...lo and behold I go to do some checking on my site and get a pop up for the pill store. I x'd it out thinking it must have popped up from some other site I had been too....The more I thought about it the more I thought that it came from my site..so I tried to duplicate it with no results, until logging on about 2 hours later..there it was! What the?! I have a copy of the url if that will prove anyone guilty. My question is..does this mean my machine has a parasite or that my site has been hijacked? Also..I remember back getting a vitacost pop-up but have not been able to re-create that one so I can't say for sure.
    So..My machine or my site? What can I do?
    Thank you

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Download from www.lavasoftusa.com the program called Ad-Aware and remove everything it detects from your system. 99% of every computer in the world hooked to the internet has been infested with spyware/adware programs. The Ad Whores, commission thieves and direct marketing wanks are like locuses swarming online shoppers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks Mike..so you are pretty sure it is my machine that is infected and my site has not been hijacked?
    I will clean my machine.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Try it ...you'll like it!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I ran ad aware...I don't know what all was found but I did see a lot of iwon.com crap. This was my old home page but you can rest assured it is a goner now. I reset to yahoo..I hope that is safe. Thanks for the tip on ad aware.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread