If you have been following my previous post you will know that I ran ad aware and removed some stuff from my machine..however..from my brand new site I am still launching a pop up for the pill store..and interesting enough I have the google tool bar loaded that should stop that. Anyway...help me understand...if my machine is clean..does this mean my site has been hijacked? As I said before..this site does not even have traffic or has not been indexed yet. Anyone?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    bghtn,

As long as you aren't running the site on a free webhosting service which could delivering the pop up, there's probably still something on your computer.

Did you make sure to download the latest definitions for Adaware? Run SpyBot also. Sometimes it takes running both, more than once to completely clean the system. Be sure to have Spybot check for the latest updates also before you run it.

Lately i started using: hijack this, a small Free piece of software which sums up your registry entries.
    The software does not delete anything. But i found out that some of the known parasite detectors, did not delete some of the stuff i found on my computers. With this tool i got them and deleted them.
    Have a look at the following URl:
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

Or here the introduction text from that url:
    'HijackThis examines certain key areas of the Registry and Hard Drive and lists their contents. These are areas which are used by both legitimate programmers and hijackers. It's up to you to decide what should be removed. Some items are perfectly fine. You should not remove them. Never remove everything. Doing that could leave you with missing items needed to run legitimate programs and add-ins. This Page will help you work with the Experts to clean up your system. For those of you needing instructions on how to Copy and Paste the contents of a text file into a Forum Post, please look at the Table of Contents. A link to the instructions is included. '
    Peter

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread