I was looking for lyrics and zonealarm popped up with something trying to access the internet and I quickly stopped the install for a file named install026.exe...well, I found that this is a activeX file on my drive and the codebase listed is:

htp://www.2nd-thought.com/files/install026.exe

what is this?

www.2nd-thought.com Their sales line is an exercise in wonderful marketing spin....

Welcome to Second Thought! We are your Internet companion to make sure you have a second opinion when you surf. We pride ourselves in broadening your knowledge of the web.

lol, not only did I forget that I posted this, I also forgot to reset my security settings which is how I got the drive-by in the first place...

anyways I did remove that piece of shit from my system and all is well.

http://www.2nd-thought.com/terms.html

Golden Retriever = ShopatHomeSelect = Belcaro Group

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Sure glad it wasn't a TopMoxie product.

But I am sure that you opted in for this, you know you did. You wanted this on your computer.

those nice words.......
    "LinkShare and its partners will not provide a safe haven for unethical advertisers. We view BrowserSpam as a threat to all ethical advertisers and online commerce. It impacts every user's portal to the Internet and has the potential to destroy the consumer online shopping experience," states Stephen Messer, Chairman and CEO of LinkShare Corporation

Yet shopathomeselect.com is still posing as a merchant overthere.......

Actually it also crosses the recently 'adopted' online browsers bill of rights of linkshare:
    I have the right to affirmatively choose what software I download.
    Downloadable software will not be bundled without my knowing. I will be required to change the default setting to give my consent which will not be conditioned on my accepting multiple programs. I will be told in clear and simple language about what the purposes and functions (including any accompanying services) of each software prior to download and the name and address of each provider. Updates, new versions and new software will not be downloaded by remote control or automatically. I will be alerted and have a clear and conspicuous opportunity to opt-out or reject.
    source:
    peter

well yeh but that's LS own pet parasite - makes it alright

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Listen to what these buttholes have to say if...and only if ..their victims get a chance to read the terms....

"- I further understand that search tool bar will be added to my web browser which will remain visible as long as the software is installed.

- To insure you always have the latest version and for your convenience this software will automatically update itself from time to time once installed. Also during these updates, other partners software can be installed which will show you ads or enhance your searching experience.

- In order for us to keep this software free we will open advertisements while you surf the web that we feel will broaden your surfing experience.

- Information in regards to your browsing will be sent to our servers, such as how long you surf for, and your surfing habits.

- This program is free of charge and you will never have to pay for this service."

Linkshare makes sure I get at least 3 hidden installs of Golden Retriever/Shop@Home theftware on my system and I don't surf many strange sites. Now with LS's reporting problems and clickstream data mining operations, added to their running a beady eyed weasel farm, makes them reek of corruption. I think Stephen Messer is running for his life as his ship goes down riddled by commission leaking holes.

You can count the honest AM's operating programs at Linksnare on your toes. A house of cards run by Pimps for the IAB/DMA seeking to sucker punch the major Merchants to dumb to realize what's up!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I think Stephen Messer is running for his life as his ship goes down riddled by commission leaking holes.

Play that music!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread