http://www.onadsolutions.com/

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: chinaski ]

Well, if you look at their demo, its truly, truly a parasite. Scumbags everywhere!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Definite parasite hijacker who don't even hint that they have to overtake the surfers machine with a trojan horse Ad virus. They are just lazy salesmen knowing the buzzwords, "advertise on your competitors sites", makes for less sales resistance from greedy merchants. Bet they perloin a large campaign fee from those who jump on their network.

Now let's see them start showing up at the affiliate networks like Morpheus to entice for pennies people willing to download their program. That or a huge spam campaign tied into some FREEBEE.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hmm, I wonder what software they are using to be able to deliver these ads.

"Hmm, I wonder what software they are using to be able to deliver these ads."

The same program scripts that power Morpheus -ShopNow -Kazaa etc etc can be purchased from those guys in the Netherlands who sold to Sharmin networks. The scripts are BHO's that redirect all URL links to a server for parsing keywords and adding in the parasite merchants.

quote:
    The same program scripts that power Morpheus -ShopNow -Kazaa etc etc can be purchased from those guys in the Netherlands who sold to Sharmin networks. The scripts are BHO's that redirect all URL links to a server for parsing keywords and adding in the parasite merchants.

Right. I guess what I was asking was what delivery agent, such as Morphues, ShopNow, etc., they are using. Another words, wondering if there is yet another software delivery agent for their parasiteware floating around out there to be placed on the radar screen. If you zoom in on their graphic they show IE with the Alexa toolbar. Or are they just pipelining their adverstisers through a system already in place. I may have to call them tomorrow as an "interested" advertiser.

They sent me a mail saying that my site looked like a suitable advertisers... what do they mean by that - I look like a parasite??!

Do the detective work and report back. Cinch they won't be trollingg this board since they're after merchants not affiliates ...yet!

quote:
    They sent me a mail saying that my site looked like a suitable advertisers... what do they mean by that - I look like a parasite??!

Guess I should start paying closer attention to my spam to spot these guys. Well at least spam that is not related to enhancing or enlarging various body parts. :cool:

Found out some info about this company. Not ready for a public post yet, but if you want details PM me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Spoke with Troy Gabaldon at onadsolutions.com, who is also listed as the contact per WHOIS. I got the impression he doesn't see anything wrong with what they are doing. Of course, the fact that they have a Flash demo on their site is a clue. :eek:

Here's what I found out. One is the parasiteware end that delivers popups depending on keywords purchased when they are entered into any search engine and/or direct URL's where you target competitors and your ad popups on their site however that site is reached. He claims they have 11 million active users of their software. There are supposedly another approx 1 million that have the software on their computers but their "accounts" are not activated yet. Apparently, they are waiting for total users to be at the 13 mil mark and then "activate" the additional 2 million and this has to do with their resources to be able to server this many users. Suppose this is a system resource issue on their end.

Which begs the question of whether other such companies who have "cleaned up" their act have the ability to "turn" their systems back on at some point in time (if the software is still floating around at there) quietly when the heat cools down. I'm not a programmer, so I really don't fully understand the technical end of all of this.

He stated that the software was bundled with things like free screensavers and the users had agreed to receive the popups for the use the screensavers. Yeah right! I'm sure there are 12 million folks who would knowingly agree to being subjected to popups just for a screensaver. I'm sure they think the popups are coming from the sites they are visiting. Although he showed me sites that were examples of what the popups looked like, I was unable to get him to give me a link where I could download the software to show "my investors how all of this really works for the user." He kept saying that the software is deactivated right now with downloads to be turned on in the future, so I still wouldn't be able to see how it worked. He did say that the software was available through 30,000 publishers, which leads me to believe through some type of affiliate marketing or ad campaign. He said he would try to find me a link to a site that still has the download available, but I never heard back from him.

The other thing they are doing is they have an agreement with Alta Vista, LookSmart, and Ask Jeeves to deliver popups for bought keywords. This has nothing to do with having to software on a users computer. It's just these search engines selling more real estate space for ads. Although I doubt very seriously they tell advertisers who are buying space on their actual pages that these popup are being delivered over those purchased keywords. Something to think about for the folks who are paying for the top spots on LookSmart and Ask Jeeves.

Unfortunately, I was never able to get the name of the software (just that it was bundled with free software programs like screensavers) or a link to download some of this software myself. Not surprising.

If I find out anything else from these guys, I'll post the info.

Backdoor trojan horses secretly buried til needed in a FREEBEE download. Could be he contracted with the likes of away.com for their travel screensavers and did driveby secret downloads at the clipart and other screensaver sites. CROOK is the word thta first popsup in my mind. He's probably graduated from running PPC cheat scripts to spamming and now want's to branch out into parasitewarez

Does away.com have parasiteware in their screensavers? Or was that just an example?

Let's give Away.com a break. They have nice FREEBEE screensavers. They just were forced to layoff 40% of their staff. But keep a real eye on them. They do sell off all Away.com memebership and surfing information to over 150 opt-out list brokers and are a FRONT for the travel industry and their telemarketing partners. Look for Adaware to find out if Away secretly installs a adware trojan horse backdoor virus.

We know they spamm the world and the olny way to get off all the partners lists is to write them a letter since most opt-out requests just add you to other lists. If it's free ..it's suspect!

Just got an email from them:

Hello FlamingoWorld.com:

I was looking at your website and I think your business is a perfect candidate for what we do. We have over 11 million opt in users on the internet that allow us to send them an "instant message" (your company's site) when they are visiting websites that our clients would like to target. For example if one of our users visits CoolSavings.com or Coupons.com, we can send them your site (not a pop-up). To learn more go to www.OnAdSolutions.com. Let me know what you think.

P.S. We can also send targeted e-mails based on gender, age, location, and interests.

I sent an email to the person and evidently they must be ok...they aren't like those other guys....

"Our traffic is strictly opt-in, those other companies give us a bad name. But I understand if you aren't comfortable with contextual marketing. We do not sneak our software on to any one's machine. That kind of traffic is useless."

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread