I just got this e-mail, it sounds to me like another parasite in the making. Have I got it wrong?
    I read some of their bumff here click on demo, and they seem proud of the fact that are stealing other peoples customers. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

quote:
    Hello YouTrek.com:

I was looking at your website and I think your business is a perfect candidate for what we do. We have over 11 million users on the internet that allow us to send them an "instant message" (your company's site) when they are visiting websites that our clients would like to target. For example if one of our users visits CheapTickets.com or TheTravelChannel.com, we can send them an ad that would allow them to also visit your site. To learn more go to www.OnAdSolutions.com. Let me know what you think.

P.S. We can also send targeted e-mails based on gender, age, location, and interests.

Andrew Sharp
    Business Development
    Onad Solutions
    (909) 272-1448
    (800) 516-8882

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Get out the Tar and Feathers and grease up the rails.

"When users browse the web, On Ad Solutions will identify those viewers interested in your company and provide an instant targeted offer.

As an example, when a user visits Etrade.com online, we can deliver an "Instant Message" from Datek.com. This type of Real-time targeting delivers CTR percentages of up to 14%,"

Any one claiming and charging merchants to advertise on their competitors site ..triggered by keywords.. is a preditor/parasite. They combine both campaign Ads and also affiliate merchant Ads and you can expect some professional affiliate management firm is getting greased palms to recruit merchants like OverStock -Dell -Mtg Companies -BestBuys etc etc.

My first duty after posting here is to run Ad-Aware to see if they planted something on my system. Where does a newbee parasite get 11 million users so quickly without some high traffic hidden installs or backdooring some other p2P wanks program.

WebMaster Mike

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Someone posted about these guys a few months ago. I talked to them on the phone trying to get them to cough up what software they were using to deliver the adware. Never could get specifics out of him although he mentioned screensavers and affilates distributing over something like 20,000 websites. Said it was still being put out there but laying dorminat with all new downloads until they got the number of installs up to something like 12 or 13 mill, then they would activate them. He was supposed to send me the URL of a site where the software it is bundled with could be downloaded, but I never heard back. He probably started getting suspicous. Kind of interesting they are calling them IM's now and not popups.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Hope He just suckers some of our favorite network FREE Traffic merchants for 5-10K a pop and heads to the Islands before the discover they've been ripped.

WebMaster Mike

Thanks you guys,
    I was pretty sure it was a parasite I just wanted to make sure.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

I checked out their website. Yes, it looks like we have a new parasite indeed.
    11 million "subscribers" - I wonder who is behind this.

Gabe
    www.1lovecards.com

I think the "software" that they install is netpal a WhenU/savenow replica.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Um, has anyone sent a screenshot of their homepage over to etrade?

Would be a perfect candidate for the Network Policy review folks to study on compliance issues. The darn final rpoduct best have some theth in it or for $35.00 worth of paper work at City hall and a 15.00 domain registration fee a new one can popup every week.

WebMaster Mike

I called OnAd solutions to open a line of communication with them and will be forwarding them some technical questions about their offerings, and will post accordingly.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

This is Mindset Interactive again.

The software they are talking about is NetPal (http://and.doxdesk.com/parasite/NetPal.html ), and possibly also the older Transponder family of spyware (http://and.doxdesk.com/parasite/Transponder.html ).

--
    Andrew Clover
    mailto:and@doxdesk.com
    http://and.doxdesk.com/

Obviously Haiko they have a criminal "Mindset" and some "NetPals" at the networks.

WebMaster Mike

This one is still on the loose

They contacted me today... It is amazing they have not changed their sales pitch in years!

I was looking at your website and I think your business is a perfect candidate for what we do. We have over 11 million opt in users on the internet that allow us to send them an "instant message" (your company's site) when they are visiting websites that our clients would like to target. For example if one of our users visits CoolSavings.com or Coupons.com, we can send them your site (not a pop-up). To learn more go to www.OnAdSolutions.com. Let me know what you think.

P.S. We can also send targeted e-mails based on gender, age, location, and interests.

Andrew Sharp
    Business Development
    Onad Solutions
    (909) 272-1448
    (800) 516-8882

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread