If this is in the wrong Forum will A moderater please move it?

I got Twain-Tech on my computer the other day and nothing I've done will get rid of it. I've been to a site that tells you how to get rid of it but it still keeps bloody coming back, I even followed the removal instructiuons on the Twain-Tech site. I got so pissed off I wrote to Twain-Tech I'll let you know what the reply is....if I get one.
    quote:
    Dear sir/madam

I want clear and concise intructions on how to remove this bloody program of yours (Twain-Tech) from my computer please. I do not know how it got on but I certainly did not agree to let you download this rubbish onto my computer.

Now I've wasted a lot of time already trying to remove this, I have also followed the removal intructions on your own website and it was all to no avail none of it will remove it it keeps coming back.

Now I want EVERY file belonging to your company OFF my computer and I do NOT want your program on it ever again.

Please tell me how to do this

regards
    Gordon Skevy
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Gordo you might have to Google that one as it's probably a rebrand of some other theftware program. Many of the searchbar hijackers draining those PPCSE accounts go by various names.

I ran into 3 varieties of Igetnet on a clients computer last week, all with seperate names. He had a good 200 Ad-aware/Spybot alerts. All Drive-by installs or some bundle partnering deal.

To make matters worse the very same client called me in to fix a networked lazer printer today. Stupid paper jam ...not a real problem. I looked at the text on the paper fouling up the works and Whalla. A friggin receipt and an e-mail he just received from ....you guessed it ...sales@IgetNet.com

He fell for their speel and gave them his credit card for running 4 keyword combos to get #1 ot Yahoo and MSN etc etc. Got his sales rep chick on the phone for about 20 minutes to hear more of the speel for my many clients. She'll forwarded my an e-mail package of "we're the greatest" spin and call me tomorrow morning drooling for more business.

Anyone know about these wanks selling exclusive keywords & trademarks like the RealNetworks folks before they took a dive. Say's their not parasitic tricksters like 180Solutions or Gator. I Googled them "IgetNet" and see they have some howling folks out there faced with manual un-installs and leftovers after removals. I'll report back on the phone call and see if they cancel the clients order which had a 30 day free trial....LOL.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey you ABWers I need some fast feedback on IgetNet.com and their various sub-companies and sleezy distributors. Getting a 10 AM phone call from one of their sales managers thinking I'm going to send some client keyword advertising business their way. I know they have the usual crew of sleezy drive-by and bundling affiliates after the browser infestation fee. They also have telemarketing partners and professional spammer affiliates spreading their crap to the tune of 17 million installs.

The con-game is their telemarketers or spammer partners sell you exclusive rights to keyword/trademark/brand strings for an annual fee. You want the keywords Britney Spears tits or City Bank Credit cards they guarantee your site gets the redirect on those 17 million kidnapped systems via the browser search function. They also push in the sales pitch you end up #1-#3 on Yahoo -MSN -iWon-Excite-CNN -CNETsearch -Lycos -Webcrawler -Dogpile -AlltheWeb etc....for some off the cuff search strings you throw out in the phone call. I'm sure they have Overture -Findwhat and Knoodle reseller accounts.

My research so far shows many feel they were duped and the IgetNet folks or their agents promise you anything like money back guarantees, 30 day free trials, buy one string get 2 free and even the ability to negotiate buying someone elses keywords for a higher price. The complaints stem from false claims and refusal to refund Credit card charges. Once these wanks have your card your toast.

My client has already given them his card last Monday, which wasn't supposed to be billed till after 30 days on 4 keyword strings. He hasn't signed or faxed back the agreement they said would be the only way the card would be charged. He was quoted 94.00/month and I see the Overture keyword combo fee for Yahoo position was 10 cents. Dumb keywords for real targeting and won't generate much traffic.

I got them drooling on some more expensive keyword client sites, which they feel will run at the bargain price of 3000 to $4000 per month/keyword combo. Well I'm documenting all of this and recording the phone call for my States Cybercrime unit and AG's office. I need some feedback on what schemes they hatch when they feel they have a real fish on the line. I'll ask about those and even some reseller/affiliate questions. They dropped yesterday they have one agent who sends out 5 million scripted install spams a day generating 100,000 install fees a week and then follow up with keyword sales via telemarketers on scraped privacy info.

Help me folks maybe bag one of these Adwhores.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread