Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

Anyone know what the nls.exe application is that is installed when you download Bargain Buddy?

StopZilla detects the above, cashback.exe and bargain.exe as Spy/Adware when installed. While I know the later the nls.exe is one I don't know?

Thanks

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Nb Anyway one else testing / playing with / Using StopZilla?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I'm trying to, but I have to keep completely uninstalling it when I'm wanting to test.

Oh and BargainBuddy is now going under Bullseye Network along with the NaviSearch thing. Gotta love when they do the name changes.

Hey Ms B

StopZilla kills everything so far EXCEPT Zango... which is a bummer SAHS, Ebates, IEPLUGIN, All Exact Stuff... but zango is still getting through.

It's also cool as it shows you detected applications that are running, you can see those that are running all the time (from PC start) and those that are Browser Initiated such as the Exact Tool Bar. You can actually select in StopZilla to allow all pops or to allow per domain.

So NLS.exe is likely to be related to NaviSearch you reckon?

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hi Chris

I've not tried it with Zango since I haven't been testing Zango. Interesting if Zango is getting through. I can pass that on to Paul or Richard. I just talked with Paul yesterday. I did have it suppress an unknown app wasn't being identified by other removal programs yet. The way their suppression thing works, Zango should be being blocked.

Yes nls.exe is NaviSearch. I haven't put it on yet but it seems to be one of those 404 redirect apps and is now coming in the Exact bundle (cashbackbuddy, bullseye {the application formerly known as bargainbuddy) and navisearch. 3 apps for one install.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Unforunate that affiliates are some of the ones spreading this stuff around. Some people are making really good money with the avtiveX affiliate programs that distribute this stuff. There's one thats getting really popular. I've had to blast affs on a couple other forums for promoting the stuff. One big forum I screamed so loud with big bold caps, telling everyone off, they finally closed down the thread.

Hi Ms B / Linda

Yes I sent the samples I had to Paul too, very responsive, looking forwards to seeing this hole plugged.

With luck StopZilla will plug all the gaps and then we can all promote it to affiliates and consumers which would be great

Guess I better find that Desktop Shopper and test that now too!

Cheers

Chris

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread