Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Pretty dang low it would appear. Just when you think you've seen about eveything and can't be too surprised.....

Appartently engaging in one type of bad behavior just isn't enough for some folks. To top it off, they are also going to do a misleading pop-up for installing their piece of software on the Merchant's site from their click (and I use the term 'click' very loosely here).

What's the matter, the Merchant drop you because of your other bad behavior, so you still send traffic via a nonaffiliate link and have your install for your pop on the Merchant's site! Just because the Merchant has dropped you, you are still in the Networks and so are the Merchants being targeted. Also you shouldn't be foolish enough to think a Merchant can't possibly take further action against you just because you aren't in their program.

This set-up sounding familiar to anyone reading this post? I bet it does. Don't worry though, I have it all documented several different ways and I have your software installed already.

Be on notice affiliates who insist in engaging is such deplorable behaviors, I don't care how many ID's you try and operate under. I don't care how many web sites you have. I don't care how random you make the behavior and how sophisticated you code to attempt to hide your activities. I am persistent, I am thorough and I will take as much time as it takes. But I will find you! You are giving this Industry and all affs a bad name, but you will be exposed.

Oh...and did I mention I have the phone number of one of those Merchants being targeted? Very nice person indeed who has no desire of this kind of associated with their store. This should be a interesting phone call on Monday.

Go Kellie go!
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

You go Kellie girl.....

I just wish I had half the intelligence you have then I could help you find and out these scumbags. Thank you for doing a wonderful job.

[edited to add] I am so happy my 5000th post was in suport of you Kellie, I cannot think of a more worthy cause.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Go get em Kellie. They know better than to hide from you.

BTW, hope it's one of mine, so I can say come here you

Keep up the good work.

ABW Ambassador
    Kellie is the killer ap!

quote:
    BTW, hope it's one of mine, so I can say come here you

Jorge don't know offhand since they are with tons of merchants, but they do have quite a few PFX Merchants.

Good job!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

"Kellie the Parasite Slayer"!! Geez I'll bet whoever it is, is going to be crapping in his/her pants on Monday

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Maybe the greedy vidictive bastard will gorge himself this Holloween night by stealing candy out of the kiddies bags ....and die of sugar shock. Way to sniff them out Ms.B abd congrats to Gordo for making it to 5000 without getting banned. It gets tougher ...believe me
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Welcome back Mike, the board hasn't been the same without you and Charlie. I'm sure everyone would agree with at least the last part of that statement!

"It gets tougher ..." wonder if it's got anything to do with bush's patriot act?

I think the B in Ms.B must stand for "bloodhound". I can tell she enjoys her outstanding work.

Since it is halloween, maybe "someoness" could whoop up a voodoo and teach him/her/it how to properly respect the dead merchants in his/her/it's past.

I can see we have the makings for a fine team here, Ms.B can find em, Mike can out em and "someoness" can hex em, all yall need is a manager. It just so happens that I am available for a small fee!

Standing by for rotten eggs, tomatoes, insults and boohoos.
    Mash Your Motor!

Uh, we generally don't do hexes. Not that we can't. Anyone can. But, who wants to deal with the Law of Three? VooDoo? Is mixing religions anything like mixing metaphors? Anyhoo, ya'll got either the wrong religion or the wrong witch.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Forgive me of my ignorance, I love ya anyway!
    Mash Your Motor!

Ready to start discussing management fees yet?
    Mash Your Motor!

AWWWWH, comeon now, I just can't handle this being ignored stuff. I know you are a very intelligent woman (seriously) and would be a valued member of OUR team, I also understand that you demand your independence and I appreciate that (I like an independant woman), so therefore, just for you, and this is a special, one time only, time limited offer (expires at midnight!), private offer, I promise to take my small fee and not give any orders or advice in return.

But ya gotta hurry, time is running out on this trick or treat special and deals like this don't just happen everyday. Send $19.95 to RoadKill@DeadAnimals.com for 1 full month of order and advice free management.

*This offer limited to SSanf only, all others subject to regular pricing, advice and my time limitations.
    Mash Your Motor!

Don't think we need Marie Laveaux and I'm pretty sure SSanf is busy putting up SAS pages.

It's really pretty simple and down here we call it opening a can of whoop @ss.

And to think I've come across an OPM and a leader/consultant of the Industry giving testimonials of how wonderful the software being used by this affiliate is for affiliate marketing. Guess they couldn't see the possible abuses associated with such software????? ::hrmmppphhh:: Gotta just love the prominent folks in the Industry at times.

I just made up the deadanimals.com address (it seemed to "flow" well with RoadKill) but now that I checked it, there really is a deadanimals.com.

This does not bode too well for my management skills does it? Therefore, I hereby retract all offers of running other peoples business for them. Since my time limited offer has now expired anyway, hopefully there will be no hurt feelings or dissatisfied customers.

And now you know how low affiliates will go for a buck! All the way down to the dead animal level. Bury them deadanimal people Ms.B!
    Mash Your Motor!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread