I have noticed a merchant paying huge amounts for clicks on ppc. Im no tech wiz but I believe the affilate may be doing something fishy. When I click the link it not only takes me to the affilates site but also opens up the merchantssite in a seprate browser window.

The site in question is ABW TOS

Thanks!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Netorious Cookie stuffing affiliate which refuses to comply with the rules. Shame the ABW merchnats at least don't can this site for forced click cookie setting.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Weren't they reported for this before?????
    Cazzie

ABW Ambassador
    The phrase "inducement of breach of contract" comes to mind.

Wonder if any of the cookies set were for merchants or networks located in the state of California.

yes 123inkjets is located in california

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    If the board's TOS regarding domain revealing is going to be violated at least put up the correct URL and not some innocent affiliate's URL that is not engaging in the activities reported in the post (at least not when going directly to the URL provided in the post).

And I don't want to hear a peep out of anyone about the fact that moderation happened in this thread.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Dangit, moderation happened TOO quick, I never get the good stuff.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW TOS is stuffing cookies!
    Dang! Will wonders never cease?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I'd say it didn't happen soon enough considering the reputation of the site that johnnybgood15 probably meant and from the posts that have occurred already the site others assumed linked to.

It was NOT that site and I saw NO cookie stuffing happening on the site posted.

I know as an honest affiliate I would NOT want my site connected with or people thinking my site was related to that other site.

I'm also unclear about what the Merchant paying huge amounts for clicks on ppc has to do with anything.

ABW Ambassador
    "hat the Merchant paying huge amounts for clicks on ppc has to do with anything. "

The poster probably meant that the affiliate's ad had merchantssite.com listed as the URL text in the Adsords listing.

I didn't see what site Johnnybgood15 posted in the thread about. But separately he wrote to me by email, giving two specific URLs for me to check out. One of them was indeed doing cookie-stuffing -- very ordinary, straightforward JavaScript cookie-stuffing with a single server-side redirect intermediary. In my testing this afternoon, the front page of the affiliate's site was not cookie-stuffing, but this specific landing page was.

I don't want to violate the ABW TOS as to listing affiliate sites. But suffice it to say that the site Johnny sent me was a previous LinkShare Titanium Award Winner, from which the Award was retroactively withheld after the site's bad actions were uncovered. (Of course, there are a handful of sites meeting that description!)

For better or for worse, this site is still cookie-stuffing as to at least CJ merchants, quite a few months later. What a world! Maybe the CJ compliance staff didn't hear about the Titanium Award mess? Or they just don't care to investigate to see whether the implicated affiliates are doing the same thing as to CJ?

Yep Ben I guess you didn't see the URL that was posted. It was not the URL of the site you are alluding to (not even close). The potential for this type of thing is exactly why it is a TOS violation to post any affiliate URL.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be clearer to all, and an obvious public deterrent, to have a ABW "Hall of Shame" section. Those proven by Ms. B and Ben, or others here like HappyPoon, to employ purposeful cookie stuffing tricks be posted and openly discussed. Why just a section for BHO parasites, when cookie stuffers have an equal impact on our earnings?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread