Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    You read that right!

I've got two new, non-affiliate sites I'd like links to.

50 Pictures (Sales--a stock photography CD of 50 nature pictures [and other stuff too] )

and

2 Heart Disease (c*ntent)

Please PM with details if you're interested.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Building content sites? Are you ill?
    I have a medical site I can give you a link from but I don't believe in link exchanges. So you can either give me the secrets to getting rich or put up an organ donation banner.
    http://www.shareyourlife.org/promote.html

Leader:

RE: c*ntent site ... It's official, I've seen it all.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Building content sites? Are you ill?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha, I didn't build it. I bought that one already done after seeing how much revenue I could get from AdSense. And since people don't actually have to BUY anything for me to make money with AdSense, I figured c*ntent would do as a way to bring in the visitors. Now, if I find they're as reluctant to even click as they are to buy, you'll read even more anti-c*ntent disses from me than you see now!

I actually had 2 c*ntent sites already (for DMOZ-bait) but usually don't talk about those "stepchildren" since only revenue-producing sections are worthy of much mention. One's a gardening site and one's got recipes. But I have so many revenue pages on the gardening site now that I'm not sure whether to call it a c*ntent site anymore, or is it really a MALL with a content section?!?

Am I ill? I hope not... I'll let Dr. AdSense tell me if I had too much "irrational exuberance", once it gets fully indexed!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> you can either give me the secrets to getting rich or put up an organ donation banner <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll put up the banner.

Karl-- If it wasn't for AdSense, there would have been Zero chance of another c*ntent site sneaking into my stable! But when I saw the possibility to actually make some *money* off the stuff, I figured what the hey... I'm not too proud to go for AdSense clicks when a single click can be worth enough to buy a burger! Now, if the people had to BUY anything, I wouldn't have even considered using a c*ntent site for the job.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Banner is up.

Darn thought surely you would go for giving me your secrets over that banner deal. Oh well, your link is up. Do I have to tell you where it is or should I wait until google shows you?

Please do tell me where it is--I never know when/if Google's going to show my backlinks. If you don't want to plaster it on here send me a PM...

That adsense really opens a lot of doors to new things.

So Leader admits to having 4 c*ntent sites in the portfolio...

It must be getting cool down in H3ll!

Andy

THREE... (Gardening, recipes, and now heart disease). 50 Pictures definitely exists to SELL stuff so it's not a c*ntent site!

But there *does* seem to be a certain coolness coming from the ground lately. Do you think it's snowing Down There?

PS I have mentioned the other 2 occasionally in prior posts, in statements like, "I have over 25 Revenue Sites. There's a couple of c*ntent sites in there, too, but they don't make the money..."

ABW Ambassador
    Do not underestimate the power of content sites.
    My brother and I have many content sites and it means a steady 10K+ income monthly.
    Our memberships site is coming up strongly though. At this point the affiliate marketing sites are lagging behind, but we are going to divert more attention to them (only 2 right now).

Irma

Aff. marketing sites can do just as well! And they tend to be less w*rk. Combine the two and you'll know why I have so many Revenue sites!

Plus, until recently, it seemed the only way to make money off a content site was to have a zillion page views and CPM ads. Once you get $20 off 100 PVs (one good merchant, decent commish, non-cheap product, 1% CR), $3-$5 CPM looks like a very sick joke. And the 2c/click places don't even deserve consideration.

It's quite a statement for Revenue sites when you can avoid empl*yment on the amount of traffic that wouldn't even buy you a burger if the revenue source was CPM banners.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, Leader, you are right and that is why we are going to shift focus very soon toward afil marketing

Irma

Did somebody mention content sites???

Uh-hum! :-)

Less work, more money, better chances in the search engines due to more keywords, less competition, charging for click ads where you are in charge and not some affiliate program possibly ripping you off by not reporting all thes sales...

Ahhh yes, the benefits!

Oh, sorry. Please continue. ;-)

ClickMagazine.NET

Obviously you didn't bother to read this. So here it is again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Aff. marketing sites can do just as well! And they tend to be less w*rk. Combine the two and you'll know why I have so many Revenue sites!

Plus, until recently, it seemed the only way to make money off a content site was to have a zillion page views and CPM ads. Once you get $20 off 100 PVs (one good merchant, decent commish, non-cheap product, 1% CR), $3-$5 CPM looks like a very sick joke. And the 2c/click places don't even deserve consideration.

It's quite a statement for Revenue sites when you can avoid empl*yment on the amount of traffic that wouldn't even buy you a burger if the revenue source was CPM banners.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread