With such a variety of folks here it might help us to know each other by knowing how we spend our free time.

We will be having a big party on Dec 22 to celebrate Yule with the Pagan community.

We will open with a ritual which will be followed by a big pot luck dinner. Then there will be a gag gift exchange. Next, there will be a drumming circle and dancing.

Normally, people dance by themselves as the spirit moves them, no couples dancing although no one would care if a couple did dance. Just that no one wants to.

Yule click here

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Don't know WHAT we're doing this year. It's our first year as a blended family so we've also got to blend traditions. Also, where my kids Dad just passed away it's going to be a strange Christmas/Holiday Season all around for us.

My youngest son's birthday is the 22nd of December -- so we'll be partying the same time you are except I'll be with a bunch of 8/9 year olds! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    How I'll celebrate:

Probably with a ham dinner with the family on Christmas as usual. Not the peak of Excitement, but it's nice...all the work of holiday cleaning will be over (or at least it'll be too late to do any more of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) Then open up the presents (I'm hoping for long white envelopes with special green papers inside) and watch the Duraflame burn in the fireplace!

Repeat for New Year's with the rest of the ham. Instead of presents, watch a movie on the VCR.

Of course, the Christmas CDs will be constantly playing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread