wow, last might I thought I had someone breaking into the house. Hubby had left for work and I could not sleep. So I decided to work on the new site. Started hearing noises on the porch. Grabbed the kids baseball bat and called 911. The boys got up and were upset when they found out that the ammo was locked up and Dad had the key. (son said this is not going to happen again!) They heard some knocking around too.

The police came and took a look around, could not find anything. There is a nut on the loose here close who has hurt 3 people, sure hope they catch him soon! I haven't been this scared in a long time!!

On a brighter note, it turned cold here and just saw a squirrel raiding the moss in the flower pots to pad their nest with. lol, had a wad in his mouth as big a he was, trying to go up the tree with it. I love squirrels!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    First, Glad you're okay!

Second, you can have all the squirrels I can catch (live trap), and that'd be plenty. Just tell me where to ship the birdfeeder-raiders and they're all yours!

ABW Ambassador
    Glad your family is okay. We had our Christmas lawn ornaments stolen this year, it was so sad .
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

They got away with our Gingerbread man, and two wooden (well, plastic) soldiers :mad:

Lisa

Eeek.

It wasn't me. Look, my privacy policy specifically says I don't do that sort of thing.

Glad you're OK though. Umm but trust me, think carefully before you go out guns-a-blazing like Rambo!

Vicki,

Thank God your ok!

----------
    Lisa,

Last year our carved pumpkin was stolen off our front steps [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] so no pumpkin this year or other than lights on the trees.

Haiko

We are fine and I understand about going out with guns blazing!!

That is so sad about people stealing lawn ornaments!

Leader, the trick to squirrels is to have lots of feeders for them and feed them the same birdseed. I buy this stuff called "critter crunch" at Albertsons and everyone seems to like it. The only time mine raid the bird feeders is when theirs are low. Course, I love them so I tend not to worry about it and I buy cheap feeders - lol. I will say they have a particular fondness for the special finch food I put out though.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

So glad you are OK!!

I am sure you have enough presence of mind not to pull a trigger unless you are totally certain you must. Get that key! They may come back and you have children to protect. Teach your children a signal to run away from the house and hide until you call.

Never try to stand and defend housing or posessions. It isn't worth it. If someone comes in the front door you and your children go out the back. But...take the gun, too.

Go not gently into that goodnight.

Goddess Bless

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Hey, anyone who likes squirrels want the one thats running between the walls of the house.
    It is so annoying hearing the pitter patter and gnawing on things in the wall.
    I knew I should have plugged that hole up.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: walleye warrior ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Walleye--You think THAT'S annoying, imagine a family of Grackles in the wall next to the chimney...the chimney acted like a big amplifier and they would go off every morning at around 5AM!!!

As soon as the baby grackles were fledged guess what hole in the wall got plugged up!

(For those that don't know, grackles sound like rusty screen doors, not pretty at all--and they're LOUD even without amplification!)

Vicki--I cannot see myself ever feeding one of those. Unless the food is in my live trap, that is, heh heh heh...

Yours can count themselves lucky--they never get a surprise relocation!

I had too look Grackles up! Funny looking bird if you ask me!

Mind you the cats around here eat any kind of wildlife, although we have got some hedgehogs who come out to feed at night.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread