I currently advertise with Overture and am interested in broadening my reach. I'm thinking of setting up a trial account with either FindWhat or Kanoodle.

Please share any feedback, pros and cons or tips and tricks.

TomSlick

I cancel my account on findwhat and kanoodle, I think i saw some past post about findwhat and kanoodle are "parasite" something like that. Many people complain they got many useless click without sales.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The current ebiz plan at FindWhat and Knoodle is to syphon off their PPCSE accounts through alliances with every sleezebag traffic scammer in existance. They talk a nice spin but those keyword listings get syndicated to all takers including BHO's and expired domain traffic hucksters.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    In my experience Kanoodle's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is doing.

They charged my credit card TWICE for the same deposit.

Needless to say I got my money back and closed my account at the first possible opportunity.

They still credited my account, I still got to use all the clicks up and they still email me on a regular basis - despite telling me earlier that my account with them is closed.

Very poor.

Thanks for the advice, these seem like sites to avoid for sure. What about mamma.com or ah-ha.com? Same story?

Try Google's adwords as an alternative to Overture.

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

Hey Tom, don't write off FindWhat they have good quality traffic. Just take note of what the other guys here have said.

I currently use FindWhat on a very limited basis. I like to buy some clicks to brand new sites to see how they are received by customers. So far I can't find too much to complain about.
    With that said, FW just finalized their partnership with espotting and the day they started their joint operation my spending went way up but my traffic did not change. I'm in a wait and see mode with them right now.

Kanoodle, on the other hand, I dropped a long time ago because they sucked my account dry in a matter of hours with no reasonable explanation. I was averaging about $50.00 a week and all of a sudden my account balance went from ~$45.00 to $0.15 over night. I complained and was told every thing is 5 by 5.
    I shared this with a few (affiliate) friends and they had the same thing happen. So I kicked them to the curb.

Chris

sorry to pile on kanoodle - I actually ran a test page especially for them. 1000 clicks, no leads, on an advertiser who averaged a 25% conversion!!!

haha - thats a good joke on me, and I always appreciate a good funny joke like that.

They need to get better.

david

ABW Ambassador
    I am with David regarding kanoodle. Their traffic is useless. Findwhat is not better either (I never personally advertised with findwhat, but two webmasters I know did and they pulled their hair for making the mistake).

TomSlick, I suggest Google Adwords.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Kanoodle, on the other hand, I dropped a long time ago because they sucked my account dry in a matter of hours with no reasonable explanation. I was averaging about $50.00 a week and all of a sudden my account balance went from ~$45.00 to $0.15 over night. I complained and was told every thing is 5 by 5.
    I shared this with a few (affiliate) friends and they had the same thing happen. So I kicked them to the curb.

Chris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kanoodle did the same thing to me back in June. The account didn't get drained until I raised my bids. Then, over one weekend all my money was gone and they were asking for more. Fat chance of that happening.

Every month or so they still send me an email wanting me to update my credit card information with them. I think that would would be the equivalent of giving my credit card number to a telemarketer or spammer--not real likely to happen anytime soon.

Greg

On top of draining my account, their traffic didn't convert to sales very well at all. It didn't seem to matter whether my keyword bids were low or high, the results seemed the same as far as conversions go. The higher bids got much more traffic though

I get very good PPC results from Google AdWords, so as far as I'm concerned that is the way to go

Greg

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Kanoodle and Findwhat just seem kinda pricey for what you get back. If there was a way you could tell these PPCs what specific sites you wish to appear on, and which specific BHOs you do not want draining your account, then they would be a lot better, and you could justify paying a bit more.

I think there is a real niche there for a PPC that would do just that, give you a list of 50 sources of traffic, and you pick which ones you want to advertise on.

Traffic providers need to understand that I do not give a squat about how much traffic they provide. What I care about is how many buyers they provide. They seem to be on this 'more traffic=success' binge, and it ain't cutting the mustard.

The best overall seems to be google adwords right now.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

Affiliate Manager
    tomslick-
    I do use Findwhat for some of my personal sites and tests. I have found themvery useful- even outperforming adwords for some items. They key for me is lots of very targetted, very cheap- and not mass market type items. Example- if I was advertising with Amazon items- I would choose oddball items- not the top ten list.

My roi is better on adwords- overall by about 33% However, for a couple merchants, my take home is actually higher on findwhat.

I used to run tests on findwhat and then expand to adwords. Since the .05 minimun, I can't take that risk with Findwhat- so I have switched to testing with adwords.

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network

A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

I never bid above 1 or 2 cents per click with either of them in the past, which is frankly all the traffic is worth. Now it's too expensive and delivers poor results.. so all my money is going into AdWords instead.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

You can get a $10 account on Kanoodle for free. No payment need. Seriously!
    Kanoodle

If you would like to know more about Cost Per Click programs please join my new forum. 2 Hours old! LOL

--
    Nathan
    CPCTalk.com :: Cost Per Click Forum
    CPCTalk needs moderators cpc@cpctalk.com

[This message was edited by Haiko on November 19, 2003 at 09:56 AM.]

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread