Hindus Killing Muslims , Muslims Killing Hindus In my home town gujarat since the last 4 days. They say they will kill more and this time even in mumbai on 15th march ..

WHY

WHAT do they get out of these killings

one relegious extrimist kills other relegion people, then the other relegion strikes back and then the earlier one again, cant they just shut up and let the innocent people live peacefully.

I am a of the Majority Relegion and most of my friends are from the minority relegions .. Everydody hates this violence .. but just for a bunch of a few... I'm so scared!

What is a relegion for.. is it ment just for killing people ... they are all pagekeepers .. no one wants to abide by the riles of the page!

Anyway you and yours can leave the country for a short time? Yes, I am very afraid for our friends in India as well.

If you can, leave. Run like hell. May the wind be at your back.

Is there any way we can help?

Please, check in frequently so we will know you are OK.

May whatever God(s) you love watch over and protect you.

Blessed Be

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

ABW Ambassador
    It's madness, sheer madness. It must make God mad with grief when people do such dreadful, awful things in the name of "religion".

Sometimes it's as dangerous to run as to stay, but get your affairs in order so you and those you care about could leave quickly if that seemed best.

I pray for your safety.

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    Ahh Internet Guru - it brings tears to my eyes and sadness to my heart to know that you and your family are living in fear. And that the way of life, freedom and safety as you once knew it is now a questionable issue for you to ponder. I will say a prayer for you and yours. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

Pranav,

No-one deserves to live in that kind of fear.. I have never really understood why people are intolerant of other religions and beliefs, we must all make our peace with whichever gods we follow.

Maybe people should spend more time reading their holy books and understand the true meaning of their faith and come to understand the interconnectedness of all systems of belief.

And yes, it's a worry too because India has always been an example of how secular government can at least try to overcome religious differences. It hasn't always been successful, but it MUST succeed.

I live in a town with Christians (Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox), Muslims, Hindus, Buddists, Sikhs, Jews, Rastafarians, Taoists, Athiests, Agnostics, Humantists, Scientologists and probably even some Wiccans. When you consider that many of the Muslims are Bosnians or Kosovans and the Orthodox Christians are Serbs, and we have a large population of people from ethnic Indian and Pakistani backgrounds the worry always is that it could happen here too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Us he still able to post and at least say he is OK?

I've been worried about you and wondering if you and your family were in danger.

It's hard to imagine your fear and can only wish you safe passage through these dark times.

Our thoughts are with you and yours,
    Keep safe.

I cannot imagine what your daily life must be like. May peace soon surround you and your family.
    Poet

I am very much safe...

I'll post in detail later ..

please don't worry about me (at least as of now)

Ssanf, Dynamoo, MJ, Poet, Jada,

Thanks for posting the kind and helping words.

Being a follower of Hinduism, I always felt that Hinduism was a very noble and tollerant relegion, over the years, I always try to understand whatever relegions I come accross and try to know what's the best that can help me -- in any way. I used to be of the beleif that all the people of my relegion are the sameuntil a few days ago.

All relegions tech EXACTLY THE SAME THING then why don't the just accept it and follow what they want .. why do they want to interfear in other's matters and beleifs and start fighting for nonsense. I was watching Zee news the day before and they were showing how a mob was burning a guy in the middle of the road alive .. the guy was pleading for help but ...

Anyway, It seems to be all over now with more than 2000 innocent people dead (official figure is 500) just because a bunce of hindus want to build a temple where a mosque once stood and the other relegion does not want them to build it.

All I hope that may this insident teach them a lesson that rioting leeds one nowhere and just death, blood and destruction ..

IG.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi,

Well I am safe here too....I just hope things calm down...but the fight on religion...I don't think that would ever END

Regards
    TGO

@ Internet_Guru & TGO,

Take care and keep safe.

I personaly can live and be friends with anyone, any nationality, any color, any sexual orientation or any religion.
    I suspect most people are the same as me, it is the fanatics and minorities that ruin this good planet we live on.

I do not follow or believe in any God but I also do not stand in the way of any person who wishes to do so, I only ask that he/she do not try to convert me as I am happy the way I am.

When I look at some of the atrocities done in the past all in the name of the various religions (epecialy when most religions preach peace and love to your fellow man) I sometimes wonder why anybody with the slightest bit of intelligence can believe in whatever God they follow.

Anyway I'm off my soapbox now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Please accept my apologies if this post offends anyone

Sometimes, the news gets me so depressed that I have a hard time updating my site. It's like I just don't want to know anymore.

I must force myself to do it tomorrow.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    thanks for the support @ all,

It shows that you all care...And hope that things go well for you as well..and may god bless

Regards
    TGO

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "why anybody with the slightest bit of intelligence can believe in whatever God they follow.~Gordon"

I can't speak for anyone else, but I find that belief in God and agreement with any particular "religion" to be separate... I believe in God, but I think that the religions themselves are subject to mistakes, politics, and the personal values of their human leaders.

Ssanf--I'm glad that updating my site doesn't require me to look at current events! Good old Revenue pages...no news required! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Leader, you can speak for me

Leader, mousejockey showed me a couple of things I didn't know that were really holding me back big time. Between that and what I learned from you, I may have a fighting chance now.

I'm going to give it another try.

Thanks.

So many possibilities....I don't know where to start!

[ 03-10-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Leader,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I find that belief in God and agreement with any particular "religion" to be separate... I believe in God, but I think that the religions themselves are subject to mistakes, politics, and the personal values of their human leaders.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very well said. Couldn't agree more. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Good luck to all you people there in India and all the surrounding countries! I wish I can visit India one day. It's a dream I have since I was a child.

All the best,
    Karl

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Our founding fathers had the right idea on this age old subject. Seperate Religion from Politics and Government Power. Religions the do not tollerate non believers, whether it be Islam or some cult feel their justified in slaughtering their preceived enemies. GWB is fueling the fires since his quest to be World Emperior builds more distrust and makes our own War Lords turns loose the dogs on the "Winds of War". This Sunday's events are really troubling.

ABW Ambassador
    I sometimes wish I had the courage to be a pacifist, but know that I do not. That said, I will simply continue to support our troops, grieve for those lost to war, pray for peace, and shake my head in wonder at idiots who make statements like Mike just did concerning our President.

Obstinatedon

Hi Pranav,

If you have never read the book Train to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh, I do recommend it to gain a little insight to what is going on. It is a story about what happend back in 1947 after the British left.

Hope you stay safe!

Your friend,

Mont

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>GWB is fueling the fires since his quest to be World Emperior builds more distrust and makes our own War Lords turns loose the dogs on the "Winds of War". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obstinatedon:

I, too, second your opinion of the above quote. It is utter idiocy to say such a thing about our President, espcially since he is taking the defense of our country seriously for a change...a welcome change.

Yeah we can be at peace when we're dead!

Criticizing our current foreign policy is ridiculous. Those people are going to hate us and try to kill us no matter WHAT we do. To say they will stop hating us when we stop doing something or to take a certain action is sheer folly and IGNORANCE.
    :mad:

p.s. Mike, our founding fathers did not wish to keep "God" out of government. The principles of the Declaration of Independence which give the Constitution it's power and on which our country was founded are based on that very thing. The term "seperation of church and state" was NEVER uttered by the fathers. Those words were used in a Supreme Court ruling.
    The correct phrase is "..Congress shall make no law..." establishing an official or government RELIGION. (religion is not a synonym for God).

Now you folks may not AGREE with the above, but it's the facts. I can't change those.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: 807 ]

And Internet_Guru:
    I have always had a special place in my heart for India. I will pray for you and yours and for all others in this imperfect world.

God protect our service men and women who are proudly and without reservation placing
    the safety of our country above their own lives.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: 807 ]

You know, I have EXTREMELY strong opinions on these subjects. But, I came to this thread to express my concern for the safety and well being of another ABW member not to have my religious or political ideas bashed. Nor, do I wish to bash the religious or political ideas of any other ABW member. This just doesn't seem like the right place for it.

Therefore if anyone is interested in my reaction to all the above, I refer you to Sanfords.Net where I have used my first amendment rights to give worldwide access to my thoughts and beliefs.

This is an opportunity open to all.

Thanks for posting everyone,

Mont,

Not read that book yet,
    Thanks for letting me know about it,

I'll surely read it to know more about why what is going on is going on

-----------------
    UPDATE: It was March 15th , the day I was worring most about, hopefully , everything went through peacefully, No rioting, fights, deaths...
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapc...ple/index.html

Regards,
    Pranav.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread