So I'm here, bed bound, and sick. What else to do but watch the dogs sleep?

I'm thinking that my dog either doesn't like comfort or is too stupid to know better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    http://www.parentsworld.com/abw/dogs.jpg

I hope you get to feeling better Jill. My Lab knows comfort, he sleeps in my bed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh! they are beautiful...it's a dogs life [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hope you feel better soon, you could try my Gypsy grandmothers all-round flu remedy...
    it does work, but it tastes blah!

Dice an onion, put it in a glass, add a tablespoon of honey, cover and put in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then take a teaspoon of the juice every half hour.

It works....but I did warn you about the taste [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

When I'm ill I usually get the miseries too, so I have a "Pity Party" grab my favorite comedy videos, some chicken soup (sneak some choc's & junk food in too) some fashion magazines, stretch out on the bed and relax.
    Why don't you try it...you've got to stay in bed anyhow, so set it up so you can at least enjoy the time, even if your feeling dreadful.

And if you've got the miseries too,get some hot chicken soup, relax and watch some of your favorite comedy videos

The dogs would LOVE to sleep with me and 'comfort' me, but one large adult and two Greyhounds do NOT fit well on a bed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Being the type of person who never does anything half way I don't have a cold or the flu, I've got pnuemonia. With any luck and a lot of rest they'll allow me to recoup at home -- I find out next week if I get to stay home (because I'm getting better) or have to finish recouping at the hosptial (because I'm getting worse)

Sigh...when I'm too sick for the computer, you KNOW I'm sick [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This is spooky how many I know have had pneumonia for the FIRST time in their lives lately....is it yours by chance? Mine was last year.
    Mouse I love the way you nurture yourself when you're sick. We should all do that nurturing thing for ourselves more often.
    Get better!!! Muco-phen (guafinisen in Rx strength) was prescribed for me to help keep me coughing out all that garbage. It's the same thing in OTC remedies only 8 times stronger (proof it's pretty beningn, but effective).
    Take care of yourself.

Yeah, it's my first time ever -- and let me tell you it's NO fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by parentsworld:
    Yeah, it's my first time ever -- and let me tell you it's NO fun.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am so sorry! I have to get the flu and pneumo shots to keep myself from getting pneumonia every year. I truly feel bad for you. Do you have anyone to help check up on you? Keep posting a little bit so we don't worry about you! (We are a bunch of mother hens around here!)

Luckily the 6 kids are old enough to pretty much take care of themselves and me. And the man can be pretty handy sometimes too LOL

Seriously, if this had happened last year when I was single I don't know how the kids and I would have survived it.

Other than coughing a lot and wheezing, the worst is that I'm just so darned tired. I sleep in like 6 hour blocks, only up for an hour or so at a time inbetween.

It does seem to be getting better -- and that's a darned good thing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for worrying, it's kinda' nice.

Well are you on steroids as well to handle the breathing difficulty? I hate taking that! You are doing exactly what you need to---sleeping!

And all us ex-MCer's are really into harassing each other... Have you heard from ______? Is she ok? Someone needs to find out if anyone lives closeby! We need to bring soup or something...

Can be annoying but we are really into the family atmosphere. But sleep, sleep, sleep! They will give you really crappy meds in the hospital for pneumonia! You don't want any part of it!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread