Turn the news channel on. Condo complex

Hmm found it on CNN.

ABW Ambassador
    Been watching it for awhile...To early to say 'terrorism' with the recent threats at apartment buildings. I did hear that a very recent episode of Law and Order showed the procedure of creating a massive explosion with a single candle. Hell, we got guys trying to draw smiley faces on the map using pipe bombs, I'm surprised we don't see a lot more.
    An explosion in a building can be anything, and not mean criminal activity

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I did hear that a very recent episode of Law and Order showed the procedure of creating a massive explosion with a single candle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone tried that here recently. It was to cover up a robbery and double murder. The guy knew his victims and wanted to cover up the evidence by turning on the gas and lighting a candle. Luckily for the neighbors - this was a row home - someone smelled gas, let themselves in, and called the Fire Dept before it exploded.

I've been watching the Encino thing all afternoon, last I heard they were saying it was most likely a gas explosion. The FBI is there but they said it was "routine". Not sure if I buy that part.

Seems as if coverage died down now. Anybody hear anything more?

From local news:

natural gas explosion probably, building collapsed within minutes. Many people smelled gas before it went up. only 1 serious injury.

It's all over.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>only 1 serious injury.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Unfortunate for that 1 person, but something like this could have been much,much worse. My wife and I have a condo and I was thinking of how many people are in the building at any given time. It's in a small community, but a explosion that size has the potential for very deadly results.

ABW Ambassador
    Person claims he was working in his house and thought he disconnected the gas line. Prior to the explosion, he was in the bathroom lighting a cigarette

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(Encino, CA) -- Fire officials say last Friday's explosion at an Encino apartment complex may have caused by a resident smoking a cigarette. The "LA Daily News" reports apartment resident Dennis Cohen had been fixing his gas stove just before he lit a cigarette not long before the blaze broke out. However, LA City Fire Department Captain Joe Castro says the fire was too big to be caused by a natural gas explosion. Cohen continues to recover from second- and third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body. Two others were taken to the hospital suffering from trauma. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Local news just said he died.

These stupid B*ggers on television, yesterday they showed how to unclip those safety chains that are fastened to doors :confused: How flaming stupid can they get [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't know he had died, but he was in bad shape. I was surprised he lived long enough to tell them what happened. A few reports I've been reading claim the investigators don't believe it was a gas explosion alone. I don't know...there was a house near where I grew up that exploded in a gas explosion. Killed the entire family instantly and completely leveled the house. The culprit leaking the gas was a hot water heater that was found several blocks away. Gas explosion are nothing to play with. Perhaps the investigator is hinting there was something more going. Perhaps they were baking crack or something :eek:

What ever the reason, my heart goes out to everybody involved in this one. How horrible to be in your home and have it blow up around you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread