ABW Ambassador
    I was on my way downstairs to open the door this morning and somehow I missed the first step, fell backwards flat on my back and slide all the way to the bottom of the staircase (about 20 steps). I couldn't believe it. I just laid there for 30 seconds and then felt the agony of pain in my middle finger. I had tried to break my fall with my arm and fingers and cracked the nail on my middle finger which was connected to my skin and it was hanging part on and part off - those damn acrylic nails. Ouch!! Then later in the day I began to expereince chest pains. Don't know what that is all about, but think I better call the doc in the a.m. I pray it's nothing serious, my sons birthday is tomorrow.

Jada,

Hope you didn't do any damage. I did that shortly after moving into my house - quite a painful experience.

Please keep us updated!

Might wanna get your ribs checked ... I was playing ball once and somehow fractured a rib, i ddint feel a thing though. Later that day I had these chest pains and finally went to the doc after a week where he discovered the fracture. It was a total surprise to me. But it coulda been serious since the ribs are close to vital organs so get it checked out.

Jada,

[ 06-21-2002: Message edited by: cowcool ]

Jada,

Ouch ... I hope all is well with you please keep us updated and say Happy Birthday to your son form his "aunts and uncles" at ABW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Haiko

Oh! Jada, hope everything is okay and it's not your ribs...I'm still going through a rotten time after my fall from grace!

Hey Jada, now you know how to take a tumble, want to join me in some rappelling as soon as I get these casts off [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jada, I sure hope you are ok!! please be sure to keep us updated!!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Do keep us updated.

Hopefully the pain was(?) only bruises...

I can sympathize big time - broke a toe last night, doing about the same thing.

How are you fairing?

Ouch! that must have hurt Abigail...
    Perhaps we should call this the "working wounded" thread!
    Wonder how Jada is?
    And Elaine with her knee?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi guys. We are just accident prone here on abestweb - another member just broke her arm.

Abigail - ouch!!

Mousejockey - how much longer with the cast?? Then physical therapy huh. That sucks. Wishing a speedy recover is yours. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I am feeling better - the chestpains subsided the next day and opted not to call my doctor. My finger kept getting reinjured because I can't hitting the lose nail on things. So yesterday I utilized the labor pain breathing techniques I learned long ago and RIPPED THAT SUCKER RIGHT OFF!! Damn, that hurt. Ughhh! But it feels much better now. :eek:

Yeeeeeooooowwww!!!! Jada! :eek: :eek:
    I can take a lot of pain but ripping off a loose fingernail!!!

Went to Doc yesterday and had it off!
    I cried till I laughed!!!!
    You mean Physical torture don't you?
    Glad your ok, watch the chest, any sign of it, go have it checked, you may have rattled your chassis a little [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I don't know about that ripping off of the nail thing - I almost think I'd sooner go with the toe!

Oh my - we sound like the walking (or in my case limping) wounded, don't we! I have counted 5 colors on my toe tonight - black, blue, green, yellow and red. I've thawed out just about all the bags of vegs in the freezer, keeping the swelling down.

Thank heavens its my left foot and I can still manage the car. They don't do casts on toes-its the 2nd one I've cracked over the years. Not bad only 2 broken toes and no other broken bones in 52 years, don't ya think?

Jada can you still manage the keyboard with your finger - that's the main thing.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

OUCH!!!!

Same thing happened to my son in a new house. Takes getting used to.

Here's for your son

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Ssanf - he'd really wish he could have a puppy foreal. LOL!! But I'm allergic to animals.

Abigail - I can still manage the keyboard. LOL!! It actually feels 100% better now that the nail is off and not getting wacked on everything.

Mousejockey - I will definately watch the chest pains. I had a Pulmonary Embolism (blood clot in the lungs) 2 years ago and was in the hospital for 1 week and on coumadin (blood thinner) for 6 months. So I am careful with that. The major symptom was sharp shooting pains in my chest. I waited 3 days before I went to emergency (dum) - they said had I not came that day - I would have probably died the next from the blockage. I was only 28. :eek: So yeah, I'll be very careful. Thanks all.

To all our accident prone members [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    I've had a wound from the accident that just wouldn't heal properly.
    Doctor suggested using Manuka honey dressings
    and it's amazing, in three days it has healed the wound!
    Can be used for nursing mothers, cracked nipples, burns, ulcers...it's available from your local drugstore "Manuka Honey Wound Care."
    You can read more here: http://honey.bio.waikato.ac.nz/index.shtml
    And if you do a search on google you'll see research clinics all over the world have been using it with great success.

ABW Ambassador
    Does it remove new scars???

Don't know Jada, but the way it's healing my wound, it doesn't look like I'll have much of a scar, if any.
    Haven't read anything about scarring, all the research at the Uni is to do with wound healing, but give it a try, it's handy to have around the house, especially with kids...and big kids [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]like us!

[ 06-29-2002: Message edited by: mousejockey ]

ABW Ambassador
    Jada, sorry to hear about your fall!! Hope you are mending quickly!

@mousejockey
    thanks for the info, hopefully it will work on my newest (and worst) stretch marks, not to mention those sore nips! LOL
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread