ABW Ambassador
    In the 10 years that we have been married, wife has always insisted to clean the house at about 9PM *every* day. After a long tough day this has always bothered me to say the least. The reply to my protestations that I would like to relax has always been “the house is dirty....."

I was made redundant earlier this year. I could not face to actually work for a living so my wife and I have swapped places. After six months 'holiday', this week she became the income generator, and I look after the kids.

Today she returned home really beat. I made the food, cleaned up after the meal, showered the kids and got them into bed and yes you guessed it, I needed to vacuum the carpet. She was obviously not happy with me.

Any guesses as to my reply [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Make her redundant! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But seriously, you're probably just going to have to get used to it. That's "the way things work". Welcome to the married life.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Any guesses as to my reply [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] "

Hm, I'd say one or more of these lines:

AAAWWWWW.....

Now you know what it's like!

(argumentatively) Gee, suddenly you think the house is beautiful the way it is! But when *I* wanted peace...(/argumentatively)

There's only one real solution then: Hire a maid.

But I would guess you said response #1 or 2.

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    My answer was the same reply that she has been giving me for years "but the house is dirty....." Oh the sweetness of revenge.

I agree with you Deelz "Welcome to married life". You gotta take the rough with the smooth.

I think I must have caught something from Leader as I just can not face the grind. I did actually get a job, but had to quit, I just could not face the pointlessness of it.

I told her that I was quitting and that I had decided to start writing affiliate websites, and she just accepted it, said she would get a job to help me, and that was it. To have someone to support you like this is the plus side of being married.

ABW Ambassador
    As the years go by, you will be so grateful that you had this much more time with the kids.

ABW Ambassador
    I already do.

To breathe freedom and au du nappy.
    To have time to listen to the troubles (and ramblings) of my five year old daughter.
    To watch the face of my 8 month old daughter light up when I enter the room (especially when carrying food).
    I love just sitting with them, talking about serious stuff like, is Father Christmas going to come again this year, and what we have to do to ‘make it happen’.
    Why does it take so long to have another birthday (and party).
    Finding out that they know you need to love someone to get married and be happy, and that they want to marry you when they grow up because they love you and are happy with you (that really got to me).
    Why buying a skipping rope is more important than buying food.
    Why it is important to feed the baby NOW!
    When even the most comprehensive and simplistic answer brings the response of “why”.

Did you ever find that you could spend hours just looking at your kids?

Sorry everyone, this is supposed to be a revenge gloat.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you ever find that you could spend hours just looking at your kids?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even when they're sleeping! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hehe that's the best time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Watch out, after you have cleaned the house at 9pm and then climbed tired and worn out into bed she might tap on your shoulder!

ABW Ambassador
    At least I can talk to her when she is just going to sleep, buy that suit I always wanted and tell her she said it was OK.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread