ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone know of any music download sites that are still up and running other than napster and audiogalaxy?????

Jada,

I am shocked! That is illegal... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Rumor has it that you can find great mp3 music to download by using WinMX. That is just a rumor though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I heard you can go to WinMX.com and download it.

Core

Personally I've heard using Newsgroups such as the alt.binaries.mp3 ones are better. Thousands of new songs posted daily and download speeds are consistent for each file, no disconnects when trying to download a file unless you have a crappy connection, far less aggravation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Kazaalite http://www.kazaalite.com it connects to the same kazaa network but has NO SPYWARE at all. Over 2million were online this morning.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I use the newsgroups and audiognome at http://audiognome.com Errr I mean my friend [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I tried winmx and kazaa and they're both crap [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Affiliate Manager
    Morpheus...

ABW Ambassador
    Kazaas not crap its the best out there right now, use kazaalite so no sypware.

ABW Ambassador
    Before I get started - what the heck is Spyware??? You guys are freakin me out. Does that mean someone can tap into your computer or something??

ABW Ambassador
    Spyware is like Gator, Gozilla ( that monkey), etc......It tracks what and where you go online......

you should probably read about Parasite ware here at ABW.

The big Morpheus issue was with its built in shopping stealing affiliate code thing. They I think have a clean version out now.

Audiogalaxy ( shut down now) automatically installed gator and other crap with out your choice.

Hope this helps the understanding of it.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes Canfree - thanks. I get it now.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    problem with kazaa is you can't find any songs on it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Jada,

Even if you have a parasite free program, still be careful with any P2P program. I read an article in a computer magazine that came to the house about a bunch of guys over at Hewitt Packard who did some research. They found that on all the software they tested they could access all kinds of files on other people's computers that were outside of supposedly shared files folder. Somthing about how the settings. They were able to access people's financial records and all kinds of things.

You guys should try blubster, no popups, that I have seen, no spyware, and it's quick, like the original napster. It's the best one out there now and it's run by a webmaster from another webmaster forum, so he's easy to get ahold of.

ABW Ambassador
    No pop ups? ... I got 2 on the first screen :eek:

Dave

ABW Ambassador
    With all do respect ... This program sucks :eek:

I give it three thumbs down. Not only did it have multiple pop-ups ... I ate up all my windows resources and the 2 songs I tried to download ... ended in errors.

Bogus

I give Blubster 2 thumbs (and big toes) 4 down [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dave

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: dhelle ]

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.kazaalite.com no songs? there are over 317,000,000 right now, 2 million users online. I've tried them all this is the best. Download the lite version, its spyware free.

My favorite has always been Gnucleus, a client for the Gnutella network.

Clean, fast, no spyware, open source.

Can be found at www.gnucleus.net.

ABW Ambassador
    JOHNNIE!!!! You ROCK!!! I download it and it is definately hitten!! Thank you soooo much.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread