I've had some problems with one of my sites and I've asked abestweb help. Few hours

later I saw 18 replys at my post. And like this abestweb became my "2nd family"!! And

right now in order to help my family there are 2 things I can do:

1st: put a link to abestweb.com on all my websites.

2nd: help other members, and share my knowledge with them.

Big, big, hug for everybody from Abestweb!! (espacialy Leader!)
    Thank YOU GUYZ!!!

dapyx - that's great stuff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

One of the great things about ABW is that it's a community of people all with similar but rather *strange* interests :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    Another thng I love is imagining people from all the different countries sitting at their computers working away. I personally work in an office I call the cave. It is a room in my house with one windows that opens out onto the back of the house (which is the side of a hill so no light enters the window.

I sometimes think it would be great if we swapped international recipes. I love food and have some Spanish recipes I could share, plus some Balti recipes (Curry originating in the Indian communities of Birmingham, UK I believe).

I would love some authentic chinese recipes, or a good Indian Pilau rice recipe.

You can guess I love my food.

Actually the Balti comes from Northwestern India and Pakistan, but the British love of the Balti originates from Birmingham where it was a niche cuisine for many years. I've had some great baltis there.. the best baltis I ever had was served in a restaurant that used to be someone's upper floor in a house.. no alcohol licence, so you brought your own. Fantastic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My home office has a big window with a view over the town I live in.. you can see for miles. Unfortunately, the window faces west so the curtains are drawn most of the time. My real-life-day job office is huge, empty and has bars on the window. Hmmm.

What's A Balti?????

I've never heard of it :confused: How does it taste?????

Balti is one of the English national dishes along with Tikka Masala and Vindaloo [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I love indian food ...

I hope I'll find a balti at some restaurant here in India [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hmm.. bearing in mind I think it's a Kashmiri dish I'm suprised you don't get it in Mumbai. Or are you pulling our legs.

I've often wondered.. if the British like to go out for Indian food after a night on the town, does that mean Indians like to go out for a steak and kidney pie and chips? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Now.. the Madras is a curry invented in the UK..

Seriously, I have never heard about a balti!

--
    Actually, Indian food is quite popular here, I normally go out and find my self eating either
    1. (north) Indian Food
    2. (south) Indian Food
    3. Chat (Mumbai food)
    4. American Food ( McDonalds ) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    5. Pizzas/Pastas (Italian Food)
    6. Chinese

Apart from what u people get in the west, (that is mostly north indian food) I love maharashttrian and Gujarati food. They use a lot of coconut in all marathi (maharashtrian) food, and that's my favourite! There are very few marathi restaurants though in mumbai [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] . ( Mumbai is the Capital of Maharashtra - LOL )

--

As you can see - I am a food lover too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] and prolly that's why I weigh 101 KGs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

@ Dynamoo
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My real-life-day job office is huge, empty and has bars on the window. Hmmm.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Your not in Wormwood Shrubs are you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Dynamoo,
    correct me if I am wrong but isn't Balti named after the dish it is cooked in?

Balti is a style of curry. Green cardamom, corriander seeds, fenugreek, chile, anis, cumin and a host of other spices made into a garam masala. Plus a balti paste made from a different combination. Plus lots of fresh corriander.

Do you know what is my dream?

Well... my dream is to go at my country house, located 100 KM (60 miles) away from the city I live. And sit in front of a laptop with a high speed Gsm internet connection.

Here in Romania we have a gsm network called Zapp, who gives 860k/s for only 2cents/min.

And soon this dream will come true!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What is your dream?

Yes, balti translates roughly as "bucket" being the metal dish its served or cooked in. Can't remember which.

The key thing to remember is to eat it with a naan bread. Ordering a balti with rice is a sin punishable by ritual humiliation in front of everybody you know.

Dynamoo.. you're making me hungry with all this balti talk!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    Yes, balti translates roughly as "bucket" being the metal dish its served or cooked in. Can't remember which.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both I believe. Traditionally it is served in the same dish as it is cooked in (at least thats what I think Floyd said - remember him?).

All this talk of Balti made me go out and buy a can of coconut milk and a chicken. Thai green curry for me and the trouble & stife tonight

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dapyx:
    Do you know what is my dream?

Well... my dream is to go at my country house, located 100 KM (60 miles) away from the city I live. And sit in front of a laptop with a high speed Gsm internet connection.

Here in Romania we have a gsm network called Zapp, who gives 860k/s for only 2cents/min.

And soon this dream will come true!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What is your dream?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine is that my wife can give up her job and work at home with me. We intend to buy a piece of land in the south of the island and build our dream home. Hopefully that will begin before another year has passed.

My dream?

To enjoy an authentic Chinese meal with my wife. Unfortunately that can't happen as she is currently not allowed into the country!

See, our gallant and heroic leader "family man" Phoney Blair takes a lot of my taxes to feed, clothe and shelter Illegal Immigrants (affectionatly known as Asylum Seekers). He gives them private health care and a good education with MY money.

But for my wife to be with me, I need to PROVE that she will not be a burden to the State. And the paperwork takes time...LOTS of time. Until the paperwork is sorted, she is not allowed into the country.

So at the moment, the closest I can get to REAL Chinese food is my local takeaway.

Thanks Mr Blair! :mad:

I'm so sorry to hear that buggy, hopefully it won't be too much longer before you can be together.

You could always both move to Oz.
    Our government has been taking a lot of flack lately because asylum seekers are put out in the middle of nowhere until it can be proven they are who they say and not just queue jumpers.

It's a sad situation all round, hope it won't be too much longer for you to have homecooked chinese.

Thanks MJ,

Im my opinion, your Government has it right.

We are being absolutely swamped with Illegal Immigrants because they know the UK is a soft touch. They simply jump on the train from France! My question is: Why don't they ask for asylum in France?

Your country is only too willing to help the genuine needy. Luckily your Government is strong enough to ignore the whiners and do-gooders who would allow them all in!

Most are not genuine Asylum Seekers. They have wrecked their own country and now they want to wreck yours. Don't let it happen!

I kill my time by building a few more webpages. Each day that passes is another day closer to being together again. And eventually, it will all just fade into the past like a bad dream.

And then I will be living as a free man again. Free to go where I want...do what I want with my wife by my side.

My Government makes a lot of noise about protecting peoples freedoms. They even go to war to protect other peoples freedoms. It's time they looked a little closer to home!

OK, I'm getting off my soap box now! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

***My Government makes a lot of noise about protecting peoples freedoms. They even go to war to protect other peoples freedoms. It's time they looked a little closer to home!***

How true! I'm fed up of seeing my taxes being spent on economic migrants/illegal immigrants when there are so many Brits struggling to survive. Its time we abandoned this "we are the world population's nanny" attitude. All economic migrants should be returned immediately to their own countries to sort their own countries problems out. If the migrants have got the money to pay criminal gangs for the passsage to UK and apparently go through such difficulties to get here, then they've got the means and ability to build their lives in their own countries, it they put their minds to it.

I admire the Aussies for their stance. The papers tell us (if they can be believed) that there are several million people in Indonesia waiting their chance to get into Australia - if the Aussies show any sign of weakness over this it will be exploited and Australia will be swamped by economic migrants.

I'm not against bringing people from other nationalities and cultures into our country, far from it. They bring fresh energy and new ideas ( and great curries!) and prevent a people from becoming stagnant. That's healthy. The problem is that when migrants arrive in such large numbers that they can't be integrated and absorbed, they takeover and the local population get pushed aside. Look at what's happening now. The government plan to put hundreds of economic migrants into former military bases which happen to be close to small rural communities who understandably, feel very threatened by that. The villagers lives and culture will be swamped. I could go on but I think I'll get down off the soapbox and go build some more pages. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your problem Buggy. I hope it gets resolved real soon.

Buggy, methinks you spend too much time reading the Daily Mail.

Freedom is a funny thing though.. especially for people in the US and UK. Isn't it odd that all these steps to "protect" our freedom seem to involve us all being monitored when we use the Internet, having to carry ID cards, under acts of goverment that sound like they're straight out of George Orwell.. "The USA Patriot Act", "The Regulation of Invesigatory Powers Act". You know I'm pretty sure those guys who hijacked the airliners on 9/11 were carrying valid ID.

And on top of this we get British newspapers like the Daily Mail (and others) spouting racist lies about immigration and asylum seekers.. phrases like "we're swamped" (we're not) and "Britain is a soft touch" (we're not) and "we take more than our fair share" (actually we take less). To anyone who has studied history, the parallels between this and 1930s Europe can be striking.. you know British newspapers were printing exactly the same things about Jewish immigrants in the 1930s?

My advice about newspapers and media is to question everything and make up your own mind, not have it force-fed to you.

Freedoms are hard won. The people who threaten your freedom may not be who you expect.

Dynamoo,

I agree with about 90% of what you say. Britain is surely one of the most spied on populations in Europe. All helped by the tragedy of Sept 11th. Now they are spying on us "for our protection".

And I can see that our fight against terrorism can conveniently cover up our economic problems, health or the million other issues that affect people in their day to day lives.

But I'm afraid we'll have to disagree on "Asylum". I don't read about it in the paper. I see them in ever increasing numbers on the streets of my town. My friend works for the council team that renovates the houses for the Asylum Seekers to live in, paid for "by the government" ie me.

And while this is going on, my own wife is not allowed to travel here until the paperwork is processed. Eventually. That isn't newspaper spin. It's what's happening to my own family right now.

I agree that our country has a duty to accept and look after genuine Asylum seekers. But what percentage of the torrent entering illegally ARE genuine?

Many of the terms used are a matter of opinion: We're swamped (we're not) - says who? Who decides how many is a "fair number" to take in?

My problem is one of dual standards. Why can't my wife be with me while the paperwork is processed? They know exactly where she'll be....at our home. Maybe they are worried I won't pay as much into the system if I have another mouth to feed....

And yes, I do know exactly who is stealing my freedom...I voted them into power!

Buggy, me too.. voted them into power and regret it now.. and I'm a Guardian reader!!

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread