My wife is taking some courses at the local college annex and it falls on me to take care of the kiddies while she is at school. I am the father of five and sometimes I take for granted the role my wife plays in all of our lives(Ok all the time) Tonight I had the pleasure of having a 6 year old read several little books to me for his homework. Where have I been, my youngest reads! I would love to give all the credit to school, but this is his first full year and it just started. So while my wife has been cleaning, cooking, helping me restore our 97yr old victorian, she has also been teaching my youngest to read. Again where have I been?

I guess I need to tell her how wonderful she is and take pleasure in the fact that this task fell on her, because if it where me my 20 yr old probably would still be in 1st grade rather then a sophomore in college.

I hope this is in the right form, I just needed to share it before I forgot and turn back into the curmudgeon that I am. To all you mothers, YEAH!!!

Craig

Aw man, will you marry ME?

That is the sweetest thing I've read in a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

As a long time single mom of three and now mom/step mom of six I must say the mom role is so often underappreciated. When my boyfriend went off on contract to Ecuador for a month, leaving me alone with the six kids, he didn't get how much work it was. When I took two kids camping and left him home with four of them for two short days, he thought the world had ended LOL

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Uberroth,
    Realizing this makes you a very smart man in my books. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Parentsworld,
    I plan on staying with my wife Kim for a long while, but thanks for the offer. LOL

Craig

Outsourced Program Manager
    Until I became a single father of two boys, I never really realized how much is involved in raising children. Having them full time has sure made me realize the importance my mother played in our lives.

Raising a family like so many mothers do, definitely does not receive the amount of respect it deserves.

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

Well Craig, your wife should be giving you a big hug tonight.

Hope you shared her with this. If my husband had posted it, I'd like to know about it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread