The sub topic of this string says "When your real world friends and family think your a geek you will find someone who understands you here."

If that is true then I do fit in here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I own my business (self employed) - Computer repair, service and training.

My wife say that I am on the computer 24/7 .... sometimes, I wonder where my customers fit in. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I just joined ABW and finding my way around here..

Come over and visit my Internet Fun website, it has some affliate programs, but it is mainly a FUN (not business) website.

Truman
    truman@internet-fun.net
    http://www.internet-fun.net

ABW Ambassador
    Truman - welcome to abestweb. You'll love it here. It's the only place that stats addicts and computer nerds fit in well.

Funny, I have a first cousin named Truman in Florida. Not a common name. Welcome aboard.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

Welcome Truman,

Your'e sure to fit in here. It's quite a diverse grouping of geeks here. My wife says the samething about my 24/7 computer use. Only half of that time is online, other half is on ACAD. When she gets on my nerves about it I send her to the mailbox. Things get better when she returns with my affiliate checks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    I may be sticking my neck out here, but we may need to start a wives forum on here soon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Seems to me that nagging wives are a common theme as far as us geeks are concerned [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-----------
    JoKe-ZoNe
    -----------

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]Yikes! Maybe we could sic them on the parasite merchants. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Hi

I was the originator of the "Midnight Café" and "A Best Web Virtual Family" forums, it was I that thought up the words "When your real world friends and family think your a geek you will find someone who understands you here." but thats all they are, just words and there is no guarantee that anybody will "fit in", be "understood" or even "liked" and I am the living proof of that fact.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by microdot:
    I may be sticking my neck out here, but we may need to start a wives forum on here soon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about husbands? My husband needs a support group too, you know. Perhaps you should call it a SPOUSE forum.

Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes...my hubby complains too......till the day the checks come in

Right now I'm debating moving the computer to the T&gt;V room, and see if the complaining will lessen.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

If mine ever wants to watch football again he better stay quiet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome to ABW an addictive site designed for those who need peer counseling for getting hooked on affiliate marketing. I've been selling and installing computers since the 70's, with 3 ex-wives who knew how to unplug the 'puter to get my undivided attention. A docile cat and a hyper active talkative Yellow Nape amazon parrot vie for my computer, TV and client services time. Please no special forum for computer nerd wives ..just remind them their not Golf widows.

WebMaster Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yes...my hubby complains too......till the day the checks come in <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After I showed my wife how my commissions doubled last month she stopped complaining. For someone who was never involved in this before, she is all of a sudden coming up with all these ideas for new sites.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

Truman,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

It looks like you fit in perfectly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Hey Canfree ~
    My hubby is the same way.....
    My living room is humongous, and my computer area is in the corner. It definitely helps us, as if I am not at work, I am right here on the computer (with a few trips to the laundry room once in a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS ... the term geek is not gender specific [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    A couple of months ago I decided to re-arrange the livingroom an found a perfect spot for the computer.
    Right now where I sit in the corner, I can see both the front and back doors, and the stairs going up and down. The kids are pissed at me.
    The oldest trying to sneak out, son trying to sneak goodies into his room, midget doesn't care, she plays under the computer desk, and S/0 trying to find his way around the living room without tripping over everything.
    Makes for an interesting life. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of all the things I've ever lost ... I miss my mind the most!

My computer is in the family room with the TV. Not that it makes that much difference. Sometimes my husband will be talking to me, and I'm so engrossed in what I'm doing, I don't hear a word he says. I'm off in my own little world. But he tells me how proud he is of me when the checks come in.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Thanks to all who replied and welcomed me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I guess that I have a lot to learn about ABW ..... I didn't have my settings right and thought that no one responded [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Whe I arrived here this morning I found out differently and will say that some of you just MADE MY DAY!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Truman
    truman@internet-fun.net
    http://www.internet-fun.net

Geeze Austin or whatever your name is are you sure it was Abestweb that betrayed you or could it be the other way around perhaps?

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
    - Thomas Jefferson

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> a hyper active talkative Yellow Nape amazon parrot <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike I would pay to hear your parrot talk! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

Gee, my husband complains even when the checks come in - what am I doing wrong??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Maria at ItsRainingBargains.com

Maria,
    Find a new husband? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    If that is not an option you can try what I did.
    I took my piddly little checks as he called then and started putting money in the bank. When it came time for him to buy a new toy, he was shocked that we had no money in the account, wondered where it all went. I told him since my piddly little checks were "nothing" to him I was saving them, and using his big ones instead, lol.
    That cured him of it, now it seems he is always anxiuos to for me to get on the computer and make more pages.

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Gee, my husband complains even when the checks come in - what am I doing wrong??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sharing enough [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Tom,
    Is that what it is.? I thought rule 1 of being married was, "What's mine is mine, What's his is mine". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread