Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    For the last two days I've had to go to the library to get online because when I tried to connect from home, it would just print "there is no answer" and not put me online!

So today I finally call MSN, and the guy has me set up a different number. As he's doing this, he asks, "do you have to dial your area code to make a local call?" Well the fact of the matter is every stinking number in this area is accessed differently, even the local ones--and you don't know until you try! But MSN always worked without the area code so I said "no" after some hemming and hawing...

The MSN guy's number didn't work either--no answer--so I figured they had to be fubar and their tech department didn't even know it (similar has happened in the past).

But something keeps telling me to call the number with the regular phone and hear what's really happening. Something about the MSN guy's question about the area code was giving me a clue... Needless to say I was hesitant to do that (ever hear a modem scream in your ear?? It's painful!) but finally out of frustration I dialed the number with the regular phone and instead of a modem screaming I hear:

"Sorry, you now need to dial an area code to connect with this number."

AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Bah, thanks for the warning, Phone Company, I really needed to go to the library for 2 days for nothing!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

How much would MSN charge to you to buy out of your contract so you can switch to cable connection? If it is less than $100, I'd think it would be worth it just to get rid of the aggrevation.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

just get cable or dsl. The increase in productivity in 2 days would more than make up for the loss on your msn contract.

=================
    Profound statement HERE.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracy:
    How much would MSN charge to you to buy out of your contract so you can switch to cable connection? If it is less than $100, I'd think it would be worth it just to get rid of the aggrevation.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'll charge $400 more if we "officially" give 'em the ax before the time's up.

Although if I just put cable on along with the MSN, it'd only amount to $100 worth of unused MSN service (while it was still "on" but not being used).

This time it really wasn't MSN's fault anyway, although I am still tempted to go ahead and get cable anyway because of the other aggravating things that *are* MSN's fault.

Witness, the thought of doing so much that there would REALLY be a noticable productivity increase gives me the shivers. More accurately, it would let me get done with the uploading faster so I could play more games! Play more games and get more pages up too, now that's the ticket!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

just testing the loggon system

For discount long distance, callback and other telecom service deals please visit http://www.seymourab.4t.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If you had to pay for a second line for MSN dialup that too factors into the total access cost.It actually saved me 8.00 per month to get always on cable modem that surfs at 1.2 MB per second.

WebMaster Mike

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread