ABW Ambassador
    I'm just looking for suggestions on health insurance. When i had a "real job" i had group health insurance. Now i'm doing affiliate marketing full time and need to get some insurance. I just moved to Tennessee from Orlando a few months ago and was looking at Tennessee Blue Cross, Blue Shield. Anyone have any suggestions, i know some are married and can get insurance from their spouse. I live with my gf and her employer doesn't offer anything like that, so i need to get it on my own. Thanks

May all your ups and downs be in bed

Try eHealthInsurance.com. You can compare plans based on your zipcode.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Core

"Somebody's got some 'splanin to do!" - Rex [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

There are also castrophonic policies available. I'm not sure how interested you would be, but they run about 25 or so month (depending on coverage), of course they don't pay for office visits ect. and have a 2,500 per year deduct. It might be worth a look-see if you are otherwise healthy..
    Just a thought, I leave it with you! Health insurance is sooo expensive! YIKES!
    Regards!
    Obsidian

ABW Ambassador
    Johnnie - I had to do this back in April as well when I took Affiliate Marketing on full-time. Actually the best coverage and rates I found were with Blue Cross's coverage called "Community Blue". They have different levels of coverage that you can sign up for. I have really good coverage for me and my children for $367 month. It's not cheap - but it's not very expensive compared to others. I have no deductibles and just co-pays of about $20. So check into that as well. Hope I'm not too late in aiding you.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, i was looking at Blue Cross Blue Shield and there were some for a little over $100 a month. With them you have more options as to what doctors accept the insurance. I think i just might go with that. Thanks again

May all your ups and downs be in bed

ABW Ambassador
    Also check if you have a local growth association. coop or even chambers of commerce that offer some kind of group discount. I joined COSI in Cleveland and then got a major discount in insurance.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah I forgot to mention that. Contact your local chamber of commerce and see what they have to offer to people that are self-employed.

That is how I was able to sign up with Blue Cross. I had to become a member of the chambers and then I qualified.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

Hey Jada,

Did you join your CofC as an AM? I'm just curious if it's brought you any benefits (beyond the insurance, I guess!) and if you use it for networking? And what sort of reactions you get from all the bankers, realtors, and insurance agents if you do? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread