Seems there was another shooting.
    Here I was feeling sorry for myself about not making a couple of bucks.

perspective realigned

Catch this guy now.

I'm going to go bake cookies with my little girl.

Game on!!!!

Where did you see that? Drudge doesn't have it yet.

Found it on AP

Shooting Reported in Va. Suburb

AP Top Headlines At 10:05 p.m. EDT

Person shot at Virginia restaurant

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on October 19, 2002 at 10:16 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    CNN (normally don't like them) has some decent coverage on it...the other networks are joining in now...

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

This must be very worrying for the people living there. I hope to h*ll they catch them quick and execute them faster.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

I kind of wish the Police didn't come out and say that the guy lied about the description and so on. I think that was keeping him in hiding for awhile. Not a good idea IMO. Should of let him think they were on to him.

Anyways, careful all of you out that way. Hopefully they will catch him tonight some how. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    One thing about Virginia (thankfully I live in VA) put a plan in place for all police departments statewide...meaning the shut-down of the roads, including I-95, Route 1 and Route 301...all major corridors through the region..that isn't including the local roads which will be closed where an incident happens. Those plans hopefully worked...within minutes after the shooting, everything went into lockdown...even though it is so far from DC, the authorities were ready for it...

Also, in Montgomery County Maryland (which is north of Washington DC and where the shooting started)...the police there have shut down the roads to inspect cars...sounds silly that they closed roads more than 100 miles away (driving), but I think they are aiming that the guy lives in Montgomery County and they will catch him on his way home if he slips through the VA roadblocks...
    We'll see.....(and pray)

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    In the case of the animal who is doing this the death penalty still does not seem enough.

Of all the things I've ever lost ... I miss my mind the most!

ABW Ambassador
    Justdoit...you should hear the talk here in Virginia...I *think* we come in a close second to Texas when it comes to the death penalty...The governor made a point when the first shootings happened in Virginia to say that they would fight to have him prosecuted in VA for that very reason...It is in the snipers MO to defy police and I think this was the comment that escalated the shootings in VA.

I hope the efforts to catch this sub species works...can't imagine the terror it's bringing to people's lives.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

I was 5 miles away from this last Friday at VA Center Commons. The security at the mall was tight withat least 4 security trucks circling the parking area the whole time we were up there (12-3).

To think I skipped a meeting to go shopping and then the next day, it happens right there in Ashland.

We've decided to stay in our little river town for awhile now.

I was listening to a news report from Washington on the radio here tonight and they mentioned that there are between 260 - 280 million guns in the US, insane isn't it?

ABW Ambassador
    Wouldnt say it is necessarily the guns that are the problem...other issues at hand. The only reason I say that (and I'm NOT a card carrying NRA member [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) In the District of Columbia, guns are outright illegal..rifles, shotguns, etc. The crime rate in DC is so high its unreal...many of them are violent crimes.

In Virginia where we live, the laws are aimed more towards the law abiding citizen. I thought it was interesting that when Heather and I were
    about to be married, went to get a copy of our marriage license....while in line, I noticed the line next to us was for concealed weapons permits...

There are many more private citizens (abiding by the law) here that own and carry firearms..sounds frightening, however, our crime rate is fairly low, particularly violent crime. If you are going to rob somebody in virginia, there is a good chance they are armed and won't hesitate to protect their family...better off going into the District where victims can't defend themselves [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Tom,
    In Canada there is no death penalty. I have always sat on the fence in regards to the death penalty, dpending on the crime.
    But when you have an animal like this, killing innocent people, I would not hesitate to sentence him to death.
    I cannot believe that this "thing" is hunting and killing people , innocent victims who did not even have a chance, I believe when he is caught there will be a looonnnggg line of people ready to throw the switch.

Of all the things I've ever lost ... I miss my mind the most!

ABW Ambassador
    Yup...agreed...I tend to sit on the fence also with the death penalty, but there are certain crimes that are just beyond my imagination (and those cases, I am certainly for it)...As for this situation, I can not see this having a good ending with him just giving up...either he will disappear and we'll never know what happened, the police will shoot him (praying he doesn't take as many people as he can with him)...or he'll take his own life before the police have a chance to...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread