ABW Ambassador
    Too early to tell, but another shooting within blocks of where some of the original shootings occured. The entire DC area right now is in lockdown and the coverage area is expanding...getting pretty un-real around here...
    If you guys get curious today, I've put links to our traffic cameras on the site You can go Here and take a peek...

For those of you who wonder what a good ole' fashion road block looks like

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

This the American Legion Bridge...its where our capital beltway crosses from Maryland to Virginia...this is a MAJOR road....every major road looks just like this one all around DC.

Been watching this since it came on the air. Hard to believe the sniper could escape with these many roads blocked off.

Prayers to the gentleman who was shot in the chest this AM.

Schools are still closed in the Richmond/Hanover/Henrico area.

ABW Ambassador
    It is hard to imaging how this guy is getting away...yes, there are plenty of side roads, but even then you end up on a main road somewhere and these roadblocks are miles away from the shooting..I guess its hard to block off every single side road, but then you would really have to know your way around and have things planned accordingly...

I was shocked at the schools being closed down there, however, I have since learned that the note that the was left at the Ashland shooting had some sort of threat...

We live in Northern Va and everyone here is totally paranoid lately! Everywhere you go people are looking over their shoulders, people are running into stores, and running kids into school. Very scary! Hopefully they will can this psycho soon.

Mama in Charge
    Clevermoms.com
    http://www.clevermoms.com

ABW Ambassador
    Clevermoms,
    First, welcome to ABW....

I've seen (more than once) people wearing bullet proof vests while pumping gas. I've seen this in Vienna as well as Fair Oaks....and these are your average Joes, not police officers or military...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've seen (more than once) people wearing bullet proof vests while pumping gas. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Holy smoke I sure would not want to live like that. I hope they get them real quick.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I hear the shooting victim this morning didn't make it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I was so hoping something positive would come out of all the events yesterday. And then this today. It is amazing how this person(s) keep(s) getting away with the shootings with all the resources being thrown into it.

And now they are saying he is demanding money. Don't know if that is true or not, but what a sicko. An utter waste of space on this planet.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    The Bus driver died, what a total waste of life. This maniac not only wants to kill, but to subject the victim to extreme pain and suffering as well. This is terrorism, whether by an American or by a terrorist group. It seems the police botched it up when they grabbed two guys in a white van at a phone booth believing them to be the snipers. I think it only antagonized the sniper. I can't beleive how clever this guy or group is. It doesn't look like he will be caught soon. I feel sorry for the people living in those areas, what a horrible feeling that must be! How terrible to live like that looking over your shoulder, worrying about your kids and family. Being afraid to go to the store or get gas. Stay safe!
    Cazzie

ABW Ambassador
    They finally released a portion of the note that was left pinned to a tree outside the Ponderosa in Ashland...

"Your children are not safe anywhere at anytime"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well they caught the 2 deviants sleeping at a local area Interstate Hwy.rest stop. Have them in custody and found in their truck a Bushmaster .223 caliber rifle with telescopic site and extra ammo. The MSNBC media is having a field day and relieved citizens are getting back to their normal routines.

The profilers and police/FBI interigators are going to have some real strange motives come out of this one. The 42 year old was a recent Black Muslim convert and ex-military desert storm veterine along with his 17 year old Jamacian heritage step-son. They were very vocal in the State of Washington about the 9/11 terrorists being heros for the islamic cause. Wonder if Al Sharpton or Lewis Ferricon will fight over who organizes a march on their jail/courtroom setting for civil rights violations or discrimination.

WebMaster Mike

Thanks for that info Mike I did not know they had caught them. Great stuff.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    It looks like they may also be involved in a shooting related to a robbery in Alabama towards to end of Sept. Two women, one died. It also looks like the man me be from my hometown. Minimally he lived there awhile with one of his wives. Got to go take a shower now. :::shudder:::

Hmm, hope they check things out really good for any connection to the serial rapes and murders that happened in Baton Rouge over the summer that suddenly stopped. Not that they were shootings, but still.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Yeah, the 17 year old is from my town of Bellingham, WA. Went to the high school a few miles from my place.

Glad they caught them.

Logan Thompson
    Marketing/Affiliate Manager
    123 Christian Affiliate Program

despite what rush limbaugh may be telling you, i think sharpton and farrakhan have better things to do then aligning themselves with these losers.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread