Dont know where to put this, but figured this would be the best place.

Dont really have an 'advertising' questions, as in "How do I more effectively advertise to get more traffic", but rather "How do I effectively market to the traffic I have to get them to convert to a sale better?"

Of course, we never have enough traffic coming in the door! But, lets work on what we do have...

We've been putting 'add copy' around our ads for spider food.. but we need to consider what we can do to:
    1. make the customer click on the add
    2. make the customer buy the product when they get to the merchant.

This resembles another question I have: "How to increase our CJ EPC"... closely resembles that question in fact!

Instead of just copying the link text, and pasting 12 - 15 of onto a page, repeat until no more products, ftp page up, Next Site.... what can we do to make each page more effective - ie. more profitable? We want to squeeze every last penny that we can get from these fine customers, and not let them get away with out whipping out that Visa and actually buying something! Of course, we will do this in a gentle manner, and not resort to exit pop ups or any unscrupulous means or heavy-handed methods.

Suggestions? Leader, are you there??

Mel
    Goal: $4500 per month by Christmas, 2003
    Sunset Beach Trading Company - Financially Free in 2003

Hey, how's the progress toward your goal? As I recall, you had some sort of "sub" goal, like number of Web sites produced, etc.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Progress is good! I'm not able to help with the actual construction right now, I'm working 2 jobs (shhhh... dont tell my boss I'm on ABW! ) for immediate cash flow... but my lovely wife is very busy building-building-building. Even our 2 kids are building aff sites!

We have something like 17 domains +/- set up as aff sites now... watching the traffic and sales and projecting that out 4 or 5 months is getting exciting!

We're trying to figure out how to work smarter (cause we cant work harder!!!! )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    Hey, how's the progress toward your goal? As I recall, you had some sort of "sub" goal, like number of Web sites produced, etc.

Karl Smith
    _http://www.phillyburbs.com_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mel

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Mel,

2 suggestions I can give you.

1) Use customer testimonials with your affiliate links. Almost every merchant has some testimonials somewhere. If not, see if they have any on BizRate or Epinions. This will give you valuable content, spider food AND help increase conversions.

Pulled this From BizRate about zZounds:
    Product arrived on time, direct to me, and for a great price. I'm a professional audio engineer. As such, I found zZounds to be much more convenient than dealing with the 18 year old "know-it-all" at the local chain music store who tried to tell me that the product did not exist, until I told him to check with his manager. He then came back to tell me that the product did in fact exist, but that they'd have to special order it and that it would take about 2 weeks for it to come in. I told him, "Thanks, but no thanks, I'll just get it quicker over the Web from zZounds!" He sounded skeptical, but zZounds proved me right. Thanks! (Add affiliate link and a click here for great prices and service from zZounds)

BizRate - Irvs Luggage:
    Irvs is a great company to do business with! It is probably THE most efficient in their delivery! I really did not expect them to have delivered the suitcase so quickly. A most pleasant surprise! (Add affiliate link and Ready for that Trip? Get guaranteed lowest prices and fast delivery from Irvs Luggage Warehouse)

2) Subscribe to http://www.grokdotcom.com/ and read ALL the archives. They have a newsletter filled with the best tips for increasing conversions and web copywriting tips. AWESOME resource!

Best of luck with ALL your goals Mel!

(Hi Karl!)

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

Hey Linda ... Big Irv's news on our site soon ...

Karl Smith

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AMconsulting:
    1) Use customer testimonials with your affiliate links.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Great idea.. thank you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>2) Subscribe to http://www.grokdotcom.com/ and read ALL the archives. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Currently subscribed, but I must confess it gets lost in the constant flow of , I'll make sure I go back and read those old issues, and not delete them when they hit my inbox!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Best of luck with ALL your goals Mel!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Thank you very much!

My favorite quote, name the movie:
    "Looking good, Billie Ray!"
    "Feeling Good, Lewis!"

Mel

Mel:
    Trading Places!

Karl Smith

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Karl... what? what? what??? Tell me please!
    Is it part of what we already discussed?
    I need some NEWS - some good news!

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

Linda:

Sent you an e-mail with the details!

Karl Smith

The best way to achieve your goal is to read a book called "Tested Advertising Methods" by John Caples. Basically you have to create a description which will help your customer make the right decision and click thru. Proper page set-up and navigation are crucial. If they get lost, no commissions. Bold terms help to guide them quickly . The book is about proper print advertising but it can be adapted to our line of work easily.

Luke

Bop Til You Drop

ABW Ambassador
    Use coupons

I work in lounge pants

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catalyst:
    Mel,

2 suggestions I can give you.

1) Use customer testimonials with your affiliate links. Almost every merchant has some testimonials somewhere. If not, see if they have any on BizRate or Epinions. This will give you valuable content, spider food AND help increase conversions.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, doesn't this run into copyright laws? Stealing reviews and content from another site?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread