You may have got and email from these folks. They have a mall called 4Greatbuys.com. I called them up, and they pitch a submission service included with your link in the 4greatbuys mall. The link - no big deal. I checked 'em out, and they are a small marketing firm out of the state of Washington. I am testing it out. I talked down the price of their accelerator 1 program and saved a bunch of $$$. So far, my hits have increased somewhat. Always had next-to-nothing traffic. Now, my traffic has jumped to ten times the amount per day and growing. I'll keep everyone posted...
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; June 16th, 2006 at 03:12 PM. Reason: No manual sigs!

How did this end up working for you?

ABW Ambassador
    I smell
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Weisinator:

Yes, but well-crafted given what we usually get around here.

There are many victims of Internet Advancement, I am one of them and going to sue them to recover my money. It is like a scam more than a real deal. They fail to do anything and refuse to refund, I contacted more than 20 people have similar situation and have my contract reviewed by a friend who is a lawyer. Her suggestion is go to court to against them. The contract itself may already violated some law practice and they show no intention to fulfill the contact except keep delaying process. They get away in most cases because people do not want to waste time to pursuit their legal right for a relatively small amount of money (around $500-$1000)and lawyers don't find big profit from these cases. I will make my complain to BBB, FTC, attorney gernal of Washington State and local police department. Stay away from them.
    If anyone know any victim of Internet Advancement, tell them to make formal complain to the law agencies.

Thanks much for sharing your experience. I will definitely not go with them.

It's very difficult to find someone who is not a scam artist.

In the recent tradition of bumping old threads, (apologies) these dummies are still in business.

They phoned me out of the blue and offered to help me to improve my meta tags and submit my site to the 14 major search engines and 850 smaller SE's for the low, low price of $98 per month.

Or if I really wanted to succeed, I could give them $3,000 for their super-deluxe package, which would catapult me to the first page of most if not all of the SE's for any given keywords, no matter how competitive the term.

What amazed me is that scammers like these are still in business and finding site owners willing to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by blueplume
    There are many victims of Internet Advancement, I am one of them and going to sue them to recover my money. It is like a scam more than a real deal. They fail to do anything and refuse to refund, I contacted more than 20 people have similar situation and have my contract reviewed by a friend who is a lawyer. Her suggestion is go to court to against them. The contract itself may already violated some law practice and they show no intention to fulfill the contact except keep delaying process. They get away in most cases because people do not want to waste time to pursuit their legal right for a relatively small amount of money (around $500-$1000)and lawyers don't find big profit from these cases. I will make my complain to BBB, FTC, attorney gernal of Washington State and local police department. Stay away from them.
    If anyone know any victim of Internet Advancement, tell them to make formal complain to the law agencies.
    Sue them in small claims court.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Affiliate Manager jai @ Expedia(SEO)'s Avatar
    as in all business, if you hire a contractor who is doing your marketing, SEO, or PR, you need to check his references, previous work and companies he has worked at before.

By understanding where they have been you can have a better idea what they will do for you. It will also give you some ideas of how to use his skills. Example, if he is good with emails and press releases, you can ask for examples and results. This way you can ask him to repeat the success or tell him that will not work for you and try a different method.

But the best i have found is approaching the IAB (internet advertising bureau) and ask around for a recommended person. The industry is quite small, as you all know, and the IAB is a great place for info and contacts.

As for the scammers, i say sue the heck out of them, then post to the local ad board of their dealings. Teach them a lesson.
    I hope this helps

Here are a few sites that are good for contacts and info:
    http://www.iab.net/
    www.nma.co.uk

Jai

I am also a victim of Internet advancement, and I want to sue them as well. Would you be able to point me in the right direction on getting an attorney. Any help would be very grateful.

Thank you,

Travis

Outsourced Program Manager paladin's Avatar
    Travis,
    depending on the amount you may be able to do it through small claims court.

I was just contaced by Internetadvancement - they left me a VM regarding a small project I am in the middle of. You know, those small sites you put n 20 minutes every other week.

Anyway they said something about a communication error that is preventing visitors viewing the site. I'll call them in a bit and see what they say - After reading this thread it should be an interesting call.

Internet advancement & Beyond Search
    Ok so after reading this thread I had to say something. First, yes they are still in business, but we'll wait to see how long. They have just been sued again by the attorney general (go the washington state AG and type in Internet advancement) and have a court appearance in January to try to settle. The real deal on this is that the company is now run by Dwayne Walker (Previously Todd Wickham, Ernest Villamore and Ken Committee) who has had numerous dealings with the AG in the past with another company. (search for dwayne m walker in google) He owns beyondsearch and if you watch closely you'll see this beyondsearch take over internet advancements clients. Internetadvancement uses beyond search to provide the traffic part of their services and they are one and the same company. Watch out, doing business with either is probably a bad idea. The other owners are still there, but have taken a back seat and let Dwayne run the show. This is a really bad move. You thought Internet Advancement had problems with their clients....wait this guy Dwayne gets going. Watch the seattle times again for a settlement and most likely bankrupcy by internet advancement. Then watch as beyond search magically gains a ton of clients and employees overnight! Bad, bad ethics here all under the cover of a company re-design and name change

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread