Enough is enough! I finally quit my day job this past Tuesday, and I walked right away with my head up! They can figure how to do my job, and it's no longer my problem. In fact, when I said, "you're on your own", I felt so relieved. All of a sudden, the sky seemed to be bluer, and the sun was brighter.

I do feel sorry for my boss though, but he failed to support me this time. So, I decided that I'd rather feel sorry for him, and not for myself.

Now, affiliate marketing has become my main source of income (oops... actually the only source of income). It's fine, I believe I can do it. If I could generate enough to pay my mortgage and most of monthly bills while doing it part time, I don't see any reason why I can't do it better now that I have more time. Sure, if I need to go back to an office, I will. But not now.

Thanks for listening. AT is feeling greeeeeeeat.

well congratulations! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Woopee, it's party time!

Contrats and best of luck. We know you will do great at it.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

ABW Ambassador
    Hip hip....

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Hey guys and gals,

Thank you!!!! The glass is half full and it's certainly time to rejoice. Let's party! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]:D:D

I quit my day job last week as well. There are only so many hours in a day!

AND NO, I DIDN'T WORK FOR COMMISSION JUNCTION!

The nerve of some people...

Core

Regret is usually a waste of time... As is gloating...

Affiliate Manager
    Congratulations! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help increase your sales from our program (or get you started)

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AT:
    Hey guys and gals,

Thank you!!!! The glass is half full and it's certainly time to rejoice. Let's party! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]:D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AT:

Congratulations to you....let me know if i can help you fill that glass, hec, i'll help you fill bottles and cases if you let me...

WTG !!

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Congrats and may the money roll in!

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    WTG to both of you! Love to hear people make the leap! If you are looking for more merchants to promote, look me up at shareasale, it's tarp season! Let's make some money!

-Tom Rice
    www.tarice.com

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Way to go! Yea for you!

Let me know if I can help too! We have a great product and a really high rev-share:)

Lizabeth Cole
    Affiliate Marketing Manger
    GiveAnything.com Gift Certificates
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Good for you!

I can't quit yet, but my wife is going to quit to stay at home with the baby. That's progress I guess. Now I'm next hopefully.

Send me home, buy a new web design [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

Really hope it all works out well for you. Keep us posted.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    I'll never get tired of reading posts by people who quit their job.. a true inspiration!

Congrats,

Javi

ABW Ambassador
    AT
    I really hope it works out for you - but I am sure it will.....

(In response to Javi's post I thought I would give background) I quit my job in December last year (actually was fired) and was not making much in affiliate programs. In April this year I started full time (sold house, moved and had ADSL installed). My first month of making a livable wage (for here in Tenerife) was August (twice as much made in that month compared to July). In October I made 2.5 x as much as August, and so far in November I am just a little behined ($60) Octobers total, but should exceed that tonight.

What I am worried about is what happens after Christmas. I am continuing to build sites in the hope that at least Septmebers level of income is maintained/surpassed. Hopefully though by January, my wife & I will have saved enough to last for at least a year (we have agreed to try for a baby when that day happens [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]).

It is an uncertain business, and things are different from a few months ago. I use to find it easy to get top rankings - just 2-3 months ago. That is more difficult now. But one thing I have learnt is that with this being a full time job now (for me and the strife), I have time to adapt, learn and put out better sites.

You will do just fine. If I can, anyone can (aimed at Javi as well as anyone else needing inspiration). I am sure you are more accomplished than this than me anyway!!!

What I love most is not working from home, but the fact there is NO BOSS, I ENJOY what I do, money is better than my last job, company at ABW and other similar sites [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img], I earn even when I go on holiday and do no work, and I can go to the beach whenever I want [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

Andy Williams

I didn't partner with any new merchants for quite a while, it's about time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I quit my day job last week as well. There are only so many hours in a day!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Core, I think you're as confident as I am. If we decide to be able to do it, we will be able to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Congratulations! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help increase your sales from our program (or get you started)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jessica, I may need to branch out to promote services. When I decide to do so, I will certainly have you in mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Congratulations to you....let me know if i can help you fill that glass, hec, i'll help you fill bottles and cases if you let me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy, if you don't terminate me in the next 2 months, I will put out a page for you. I joined TigerDirect a couple of months ago, tried to produce a page, but grabbing links from BeFree takes a lot longer than from other networks, so I just stopped. Fortunately I still have the information in my database, and I don't have to start from scratch. Give me a little bit of time, your page will be out there. BTW, would you fill my piggy bank too? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Let me know if I can help too! We have a great product and a really high rev-share:) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liz, I'm already working in my head on how to promote your stuff. Boy! I still need 72 hours in a day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I can't quit yet, but my wife is going to quit to stay at home with the baby. That's progress I guess. Now I'm next hopefully.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I would not encourage anybody to quit without giving it a lot of thoughts (except for myself). I didn't plan on quitting my day job, but I just decided not to put up with another minute of BS. Financially I would not be as comfortable as it used to be, but I know I will not starve even without any income for another one year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Really hope it all works out well for you. Keep us posted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yep, I certainly will. You can hardly imagine how determined I am!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'll never get tired of reading posts by people who quit their job.. a true inspiration!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No doubt, I was inspired by many of the folks here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I really hope it works out for you - but I am sure it will.....

What I am worried about is what happens after Christmas. I am continuing to build sites in the hope that at least Septmebers level of income is maintained/surpassed. Hopefully though by January, my wife & I will have saved enough to last for at least a year (we have agreed to try for a baby when that day happens ).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks PerfectG! I'm well aware that it's an uncertain business. But I don't worry about after Christmas, people don't just buy because of Christmas.

For this past year, I learned a lot and still learning, my site did better every time I tried something new (for far). Prior to May this year, I was still struggling with my piteful ROI. I thought I would either find a better way to do it, or forget it. I chose to give it another shot. And yes, the results were very pleasing.

There was a wise person who said, "if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I earn even when I go on holiday and do no work, and I can go to the beach whenever I want. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No kidding, but I can't afford to go to the beach just yet.

Thank you all! This is certainly encouraging!!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    No kidding, but I can't afford to go to the beach just yet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about that - it is just I can almost see the beach from where I am. 10 minutes in the car and I am there. Guess it is one of the pros of living on an island. Also one of the cons - the island is too small.

A genuine offer - if anyone here wants to come to Tenerife and does not mind my wolf sleeping with you on the futon, let me know. We will put you up for a few days. We love company.

Andy Williams

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Congrats AT & Core!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> All of a sudden, the sky seemed to be bluer, and the sun was brighter.~AT <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know all about it! It's like the world just got a tune-up! Great, huh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> AND NO, I DIDN'T WORK FOR COMMISSION JUNCTION!

The nerve of some people... ~Core<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've had my share of those accusations. It's galling as h*ll isn't it, that some people can't even imagine others being successful?! And that anybody who likes a place must w*rk there!!

Both, congrats again on breaking the chains of empl*yment! At least now if you read some gallous BS you can just hit X!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

ABW Ambassador
    Leader, Core ~

Maybe it was those rumours about y'all getting paid by CJ every two weeks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

As what I guessed, Leader would support this decision. Thanks!

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread