ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T-Bone:

Thank you Haiko for letting us know there is a place for Him in this forum!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, this God person you mentioned...what type of commission structure does he have? Does the program have a good conversion rate? What is _His_ EPC and cookie duration? Most important...does _He_ pay?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. That little post was so out of place in the "worst fears" thread that I couldn't help but start a thread about God as an MLM opportunity. I admit, I have hopes that some great cosmic force will smite the owners of Gator, but an affiliate market forum is not a place for a discussion of theology.

Especially since so many people have the idea that there has to be a little confrontation everytime the word "god" appears in writing. The post in question really detracted from the support the community was giving to Heyder. It's sad.

As for true role of God in affiliate marketing. This whole business is based on faith. We are all working on our little projects with a great deal of faith that the merchants and affiliate networks will be truthful and honest and work in the best interests of all parties concerned.

The real role of God in affiliate marketing isn't as a personified "He" with one of those (as opposed to a she with one of _those_)...but as a belief that their is a truth, and that we can communicate and work together. Anyone who enters this field has a great deal of faith.

Anyway, Haiko, what you said was alright by me. I feel bad you got hassled for trying to express support for others in the words that came from your heart. BTW Feel free to delete or close this silly thread I just started. The sad truth is that there are so many people running around with their deeply held view of what God is that even the mention of the name in a different context brings out confrontation.

Protophoto - Short Stories

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Anyway, Haiko, what you said was alright by me. I feel bad you got hassled for trying to express support for others in the words that came from your heart.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently you did not read the full thread and see my reply so I will post it again for your benefit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    T-Bone,

I'm sorry If I "offended" you or others with the above statement, It was only my reaction to the situation Heyder dipicted, nothing more and nothing less!

Haiko
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haiko,
    I was not offended. What I said was said with all sincerity. I always find it refreshing when people acknowledge the Almighty. That doesn't seem to happen as much as it once did. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

T-Bone,

FWIW, I took at exactly as you meant it. Giving Haiko a pat on the back. WTG! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I didn't see any hassles what so ever. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What DaPackster said.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Make that me three [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.

I disagree with the above three and agree with yintercept.

I thought the post only took away the focus of the thread, which was about the joy we felt that Heyder's daughter is OK.

For God's sake, if you want to discuss God and/or religion, find another forum. (And just because I wrote "For God's sake", that does not mean I am bringing religion or Her into the forum - it is an expression and should be taken as such).

Peace and love. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I disagree with T-bone,

&gt; Haiko doesn't make place for God. He's everywhere he wants to be. Your reaction to Haiko's "Thank God" was off-base.

I disagree with yintercept, Dignan,

&gt; It's whether for someone's support or something else, if people want to connect on spiritual level, it's nobody's business but theirs. You can't tell them to go "find another forum". Most of the participants of this forum share other things beside business.

&gt; Heyder,

Very sad to hear what happened, glad to hear everythind turned out well.

The child is OK.

I thank God and thank the Goddess, too!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    John 3:16-18 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

The greatest gift one can give is a blessing from the God of their own heart. The worst you can do is take that away because of modern shame in the term.

At least Ssanf seems to understand that and her and I know a completely different God.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Our spirituality (or lack of) is part of who we are as individuals. Along with many other charactistics that make us who we are as people. There is no way it won't be reflected in posts at times. That doesn't mean a thread has turned theological. As long as people respect others belief systems, there shouldn't be a problem or an issue.

I don't see the big deal. Nor did I feel that anything was taken away from Heyder's post and the support being offered. A comment was made, evidently there was more than one interpretation of the comment, and a clarification was made. Happens all the time on message boards, since the written word (especially when only a short sentence) lends itself to that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>At least Ssanf seems to understand that and her and I know a completely different God. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly! If I posted about a hardship in my life I was experiencing and SSanf (or anyone else who held different religous views than my own) posted and said her prayers were with me or whatever, I would not be offended in anyway. Even if I didn't believe in a God. I would take it for what it is: people tend to turn to their spiritual beliefs in difficult times, and a very personal and heartfelt support was being communicated to me. I would have a nice warm and fuzzy feeling, not be offended. It's only an issue if you allow it to be an issue.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Except for the truly insane ..every human on the face of this earth knows in their hearts the difference between right and wrong. It's only in finding ways to justify what we know is wrong that conflict enters our lives. Whoever put a consience within us all must have wanted to seperate us from animals.

WebMaster Mike

May He/She who was there in the beginning and who will be there at the end of all your desiring, tightly hold you and your child in the circle of His/Her arms.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yintercept:

Uh, this God person you mentioned...what type of commission structure does he have? Does the program have a good conversion rate? What is _His_ EPC and cookie duration? Most important...does _He_ pay?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, the Conversion Ratio is not very high.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Matt 7:13-14
    Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate,
    and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction,
    and many there be which go in thereat

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is
    the way, which leadeth unto life, and few
    there be that find it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Earning Per Click? Very high.

Luke 12:7
    Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many
    sparrows.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cookie Duration? Infinite.

Psalms 147:5
    Great is our Lord, and of great power: his
    understanding is infinite.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does He pay? Without a doubt, right on time, every time.

John 6:40
    And this is the will of him that sent me, that every
    one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him,
    may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up
    at the last day.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I signed up, and it's been the best program by far. Highly recommended. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

Amen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

AJ that was too cool!!!

Way to go Pinay... :-)

Amen to that...

I am not a religious person, but i do believe on my own god (that keep me the faith and know the right to wrong) and I do respect others belief and their religious.

In times of trouble like we are having against the parasite and other problems outside the PC relation.

We look for something to give us a reason to hang on and we always find it right next to us and that is our family.

just like here, we all have some kind a connection to each other because we all do our best to do the right thing and praise someone when they have done good. and we try to correct the person that we think is wrong.

The connection that we are all sharing here is good and bad news for those that will try to harm us. the power of people (the good one!) is great to see when the hardtimes is around!

All I can say is it's Holiday Time and may you all have the great spirit and have your loveones around you! That's is more achivements anyone can be proud!

God Bless all of us and I want lot's and lot's of present okay! lol...

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

ABW Ambassador
    Nice response AffJus, I am heartened to see a general belief on this forum that there is a right and wrong. There is no way a society can function if we cannot have faith that others are working to do what it right.

Protophoto - Short Stories

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks everyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yintercept:
    Nice response AffJus, I am heartened to see a general belief on this forum that there is a right and wrong. There is no way a society can function if we cannot have faith that others are working to do what it right.

http://protophoto.com - http://rgreetings.com/WRITINGS.HTM<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like that Yint. Very well stated yourself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

This place (ABW) really is very cool. In more ways than I ever thought possible.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread