ABW Ambassador
    I have found other forums, while somewhat helpful, to be heavily controled... ahem, should I say patroled, as in policed George Orwellian style. They are also filled with ass kissers, and spam reporters.

The only big problem we ***** about around here is whether we gets paid or not... and getting paid is what it is about, right? can I get a witness? amen!

Even though Haiko has gone off before, he is not like communist country dictators when it comes to this forum. Other forum administrators, and moderators are very controlling in other forums, even to the point of censoring, and I mean censorship in it's most controling way... purposefully done to keep certain view points, especially when it goes against the mind of the establishment, shut out.

I have the utmost appreciation, especially when I have been the one in times past to definitely take the unpopular view and still be around to tell about it. Thanks Haiko, and moderators. Thanks ABW kin folks!

Big Chuck

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I have also been to a lot of other forums, but always come back to ABW.
    Just like Chuck said a lot of them are policed to the point that you are scared to say anything.
    A couple of them I find is that if you don't know something and ask a question you are made to feel really inferior by a few posters.
    I may have learned a lot about search engine stuff from other places bu the bottom line is I always come back here since it seems to be more inviting and real people whether they make $10, or $10,000 a month.
    I guess here at ABW that people haven't forgotten that those starting out are just like they were awhile back.

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Gee Chuck, did you get banned from somewhere else?

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ABW has made a HUGE difference in my life, that's for sure.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

ABW Ambassador
    I've been to the other forums too and they are all dull and boring. The only other one i go to is webmasterworld and thats just to go to the Google forum which has GoogleGuy(which some have pointed out over there, in there opinion, is really one of the founders of Google)

If you do affiliate marketing this IS the forum. Usually when you ask a question someone will respond within a few minutes. This forum will actually help you make more money.

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

Webmasterworld is good - although the mods do get a bit anal sometimes over certain things. They should be thankful GoogleGuy posts on the forum instead of making it seem the other way around [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ABW rocks ..the others just roll.

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

At WMW you can't even post a URL, and the place is crawling with ODP meta-editors who always argue with the other ODP editors. Some good stuff there, but the mods are soooo uptight.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

[This message was edited by Dynamoo on December 09, 2002 at 01:13 PM.]

Affiliate Manager
    There's never a dull moment around here, that's for sure... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have to agree, ABW is great. Haiko does sometimes go off, and, well thats probably because he is human. No big deal. Sometimes I do too <grin>

The true value of a forum is of course in its users, not the owner, admins, mods, etc. But, a really bad admin can really make a place, even with good users, suck. Luckily we have good users and good admins.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who makes this place great!

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Shawn- Dull moments are *so* underrated, don't you think?

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

ABW is sure the best affiliate foruum in the web.
    But i also have to say webmasterworld is THE BEST for SE stuff's

The mods there are strict (especially when you drop url's) but thats for a reason.

That place is visited by SE guys like GG . If they allow people to drop url's then that forrum will be the best way (than google spam report ) to boot competitors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I was reading webmasterworld for the past 2 years and i have to say it changed my life [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Let's put it this way: if I could only go to one forum, I'd choose ABW!

Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Affiliate Manager
    elbowcreek, yes and no... dull moments would be nice right about now... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

I can honestly say I have never bothered with any other forums the only time I go to another forum is when the url is mentioned posted here as a post of some significance.

I find all I need at ABW, including a great bunch of guys. The ABW meet is going to be a blast [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Affiliate Manager
    When is the ABW meet?

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

huh? You mean there are otherforums? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Let me see..24 hours in a day..minus 7 hours sleeping..8-9 hours at the job...ABW is all I need and all I have time for!
    I love this place..I just wish I could give more..at this stage it is mostly read and learn for me.

Bill
    I will see it when I believe it.

Any hope of getting a ABW IRC chat room?

Andrew

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> They are also filled with ass kissers, and spam reporters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is NOTHING worse than the spam reporters.. strangely, they are only interested in reporting sites they see above them in the SE rankings.. WMW/GG encourage 'spam reporting' and it stinks

ABW Ambassador
    SpaceWar said in reply to my remark about spam reporters...<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>strangely, they are only interested in reporting sites they see above them in the SE rankings<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>yep. they are cheese eaters, and I mean the famunda cheese (from under yer n*ts). I hate WMW, the admins, and moderators there.

You are right... everytime one of those little sissies (spam reporters) finds a site that out does them in the se rankings they all want to personally tattle tell to Google Boy, himself, which I have my doubts about - I think whoever is signing off as him is a perpetrator, IMO. It would be a hoot if one day we found out Google Boy was some peter beating, nose picking, pimple faced geek high school kid with no friends, who had nothing better to do than fool an entire community of webmasters - roflmao!

Big Chuck

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread