I was just curious and I was drinking some water while working this morning. What is the optimal amount of water the people should drink a day in ounces? Thanks.

Logan Thompson
    Marketing/Affiliate Manager
    123 Christian Affiliate Program

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drumminlogan:
    I was just curious and I was drinking some water while working this morning. What is the optimal amount of water the people should drink a day in ounces? Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've read 8-10 glasses (I assume 8oz. or so), but I kinda doubt it's required to sustain life, since I haven't had a glass in about 2 decades.

Luckily, the couple pots of coffee and 6-pack of coke that I down daily all have water in them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thats right. That is about 2 nalagene bottles a day. I am like you in that I drink so much pop a day (Pepsi is by far the best). I never drink water but I am going to try to drink more water lately and less pop.

Logan Thompson

I have a certification as a fitness trainer, and here's what I've been taught:

An active individual - one who exercises fairly regularly and doesn't put in too much TV time should drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. That adds up to 8 8-oz glasses. The more active you are, and the hotter the weather, the more you should drink (in the summer, I probably come closer to 10 8-oz glasses). If you are less active you could get away with less, but under 48 ounces (6 glassses) is probably not a good idea.

Coffee acts as a diuretic and does not count as "water." You need more water if you drink lots of coffee. Soda is also not a good choice, because it is empty calories, and coke actually leaches calcium from your system - very, very bad for women especially. Diet coke is also questionable because who knows what the artificial sweetener really does to you? Oh yeah, just in case anyone's wondering - alcohol of any sort dehydrates you so you should drink more water if you're drinking beer, wine or something harder. In fact, I've avoided a hangover or two this way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You do get some liquid from what you eat during the day - fruit, soup, etc. - but you really need water on top of that. Lately there have been some people saying you really don't need much water, but I don't know about that. I mean, use common sense - your body is over two-thirds water, and one of the ways you remove toxins from your system is through drinking, and eliminating, water. I know when I drink more water, my skin looks way better... and to this day I get compliments on my skin (I'm past the age most women get such compliments - I thought they'd stop after my 20s, but they keep on comin'!).

Yes, you can drink too much water, but amongst the likes of you guys, I get the feeling that that's something you don't need to worry about! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

J

Ok is it just me or does Janiss sound hot? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janiss:
    Coffee acts as a diuretic and does not count as "water."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh-Oh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyderâ„¢:
    Ok is it just me or does Janiss sound hot? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's hot for sure, even if she is cool on coffee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info Janiss.

Logan Thompson

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    More bad news. Sodas are actually full of caffeine also, so they are a diuretic just like coffeee. Unless you are drinking the caffeine free kind. Which I doubt is the case with folks here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Since I don't drink sodas, I often forget that they're loaded with caffeine, but yeah, what BLFH said. And that goes double for Mountain Dew. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And Heyder, I'm from California, where the weather's hot and the girls are hotter! 'Course this makes me just average in my little neck of the woods. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

J

lol

ABW Ambassador
    Any water delivery affiliate programs?
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Janiss is right, you should drink plenty of water for your health. I did hear that no one seems to really know who set the standard of 8 glasses a day.

I found out a few years ago that I wasn't drinking enough water when I developed a kidney stone! OUCH - they are very painful!

Now I make sure I drink additional water when I consume coffee (I drink coffee every day) or soda. My Doctor said at least 50% of the liquid you consume should be plain water, and carbonated water doesn't count.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Andy's right - get dehydrated enough and you can possibly wind up with kidney stones. So drink up the clear stuff (and I don't mean vodka or gin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])

J

Been there, done that with the kidney stones. In fact, I didn't learn the first time, so I ended up with kidney stones again a few years later. The last time I had to have the stone removed. Really not fun, and something definitely to be avoided.

By the way, Dr. Pepper rules as far as soft drinks go.

Greg

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sorry, Barq's is the only soft drink, worth drinking...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

Just for a little motivation (maybe), I used to drink 5-6 cans of Coca-Cola a day, plus the cokes that came with my McDonald's or Burger King Supersized Value meals. I decided that I needed to take better care of myself (eat better, exercise, etc.) so I started to ween myself off of coke and increased my water intake. At first I would only allow myself to drink coke with a meal (not with or as a snack), then I would only allow myself one coke a day, then one a week. For about the past year now (wow, time really flies) I would guess that I've had a total of 3 or 4 cans of coke. I drink 4-5 16 oz bottles of water a day now (mainly because that's the only thing I drink any more). I still don't exercise enough and I still eat fast food, but I do feel better now (and I attribute that to getting rid of the coke and drinking so much water).

That got a lot longer than I had planned, sorry. But ask anyone who knew me a couple years ago if they thought I could give up Coke, they would all, without a doubt, so no way. I don't even miss it now (and the few that I did have all tasted funny, so I crave them even less).

Brian
    The Charity Network

A little trick I read somewhere is to drink a cup of water between each cup of coffee..helps to cut coffee consumption and increase water consumption.

I will see it when I believe it.

Does it concern anyone else that bottle water has an expiration date? Wonder what happens to it after its expires? Is it stronger? Is it no good? lol

Wow! So much water....
    Am I the only one around here who drinks too much beer?
    (Rather that than coke...)
    Just reaching for my next Czech beer...mmmm...cheers

Colin

mozart-heals.com
    http://www.mozart-heals.com

I just want to say, even in the world of fitness, I don't think I'd see a thread this long about, of all things, water!

J

Well.. I think health is VERY Important.

So I distill my water.

That way I can drink more Diet pop and alcohol.

The distilled water absorbs and removes the aspartame from the pop and the alcohol thins out the water to help it remove even more toxins from your system.

Yes... And I know I shouldn't drink so much pop, but it sounds awful silly to drink the alcohol without mixing a little bit of flavor into it. And pop seems to do the trick. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Cow Patch...

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread