Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lets start a pool to see who can pick the date, or get closest to that date, for our invaison of Iraq. We can make it interesting by putting up a buck or? each payable through paypal to the winner of the pool. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This is the most disgusting post I have seen on this board.

No matter if we who visits ABW favors or disapproves of an invasion, we are talking about thousands of people who will die.

And now you wanne bet about it - for money?

-- Less is more --

I just wanted to add something completely irrelevant:

Did you happen to see on television a few days ago how the Peruvian Army trains for war? They use dogs, fold them out as Jesus Christ on the cross - the dogs are hanging in ropes tied to their paws, feets spread - and then slashes them to death with knives, taking their time of course, while the dog is howling.

Just to make them "better soldiers"...

You also wanna make a bet about that?

As I said, completely irrelevant, but I just wanted to mention it.

It was Jesus who said "Thou shall not kill" and taught of forgiveness. Wise words to live by, in my opinion. Obviously not yours.

It's a sick world of hatred and revenge we live in - so don't let us make it any sicker.

-- Less is more --

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> our invaison of Iraq <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our?

Not mine buddy. Let's see how funny it is when your son comes back in a wooden box.

With a letter to inform you that he "won".

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I believe in fighting for liberty and freedom but refuse to take bets where innocent people will die needlessly.

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.

I'll bet. I'll bet it never happens. It is just a stupid head game Shrub is playing with the American people.

Sure, he would like to. But, the international community is going to give him a little wedgie. But, what the hey, he'll still get votes from people who think he is some kind of a macho man.

The only country where his image has improved is Russia for Pete's sake. This guy is a loose cannon and the whole world knows it except the good old USA.

The MOST that will happen is that he might go in and shoot a couple of pigs and chickens so he can say he did something about terrorists.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 07, 2002 at 01:21 AM.]

I believe it was Ben Franklin who said something to the effect of....

he had never heard of a good war or a bad peace.

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

I once wanted to start a website called Celebrity Deathpool, where people could bet on celebrities dying. Unfortunately all the good domains for it were already taken, and it seemed that several others are already using the same idea. It's ok to bet on celebrities dying, because they aren't really people.

Getting back to the subject of Iraq, I saw a speech by Scott Ritter earlier this week. He was a UN weapons inspector from the end of the Gulf War until he resigned in 1998. The reason he resigned was because the US government was interfering with the weapons inspection process. Saddam never threw them out, the US asked the inspectors to unilaterally withdraw.

The US will stop at nothing to start this war. They asked for a list of weapons that Iraq currently has. Scott Ritter repeatedly noted that there is almost no chance that Iraq has an active weapons program. The UN inspectors in the past were very thorough, and most of the chemical weapons that Iraq once are useless because the chemicals won't last more than 5 years.

The most interesting story that Scott Ritter told us was about the circumstances surrounding his resignation from the inspection team. It was 1998, and the inspectors were going to investigate a presidential palace. Saddam allowed them to come in, but since it had been declared a sensitive site only 4 could go in. This was part of the agreement with the UN, Iraq was allowed to do this. The US told Mr. Ritter to demand that 16 inspectors enter the palace. Iraq refused his request, and then the US ordered all of the inspectors to unilaterally withdraw. They did not have to follow US orders, because they were working for the UN, but they all did anyway. Mr. Ritter recognized that the US wanted inspections to fail, and he could not work for that team anymore.

The new weapons inspections will fail, because the US government wants them to fail. Iraq will report nothing on their weapon inventory sheet, because they really have nothing to report. If you read "Catch-22" you might understand this situation a little better.

If we kill Saddam he will be replaced by someone who will seem very similar to Saddam. There is no system in place to establish a true democracy. Iraq is a very segregated country made up of many competing tribes. There is no middle class. People are either super rich or poor. If the sanctions against Iraq are lifted they will be able to establish a true middle class and maybe they will overthrow the Republican Guard on their own, without the loss of tens of thousands of American lives.

Yes, but how would that get votes for Shrub to be re-elected and put more money in his daddy's buddies pockets?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

First off I agree betting on death is terrible.

David,

As to Scott Ritter. He was totaly discusted about the way Iraq was playing cat and mouse. He was ticked bout not being able to do what the inspectors were suppose to be doing when he quit. That being said.

Below is one of many articles on Scott Ritter. I personally don't have a very high opinion of him but again thats just my opinion.

As for the possible and most likely war with Iraq. I really hope it doesn't happen. I think it will. I believe we are doing everything in the background to try to get some General in Iraq to overthrow the Regime that is in there now. As for weapons of mass destruction. It will be proven that they have them. No doubt about that. The thing is that Iraq will say that they don't consider them weapons of mass destruction.

The list was handed over today and Suddam has been apolgizing today to Kuwait for what they did to them and asking them to stand with them. This is a man who sent his forces into Kuwait who, killed innocent people, raped innocent women and children and tried to take what they could. On the way out they set fire to the oil fields. This is the man who lost the war against the world and agreed to certain conditions to stay in power. This is a man who played cat and mouse for years hiding evrything he could and making up excuses for for weapons that they couldn't acnt for.

I truely hope that a war will be avoided. I feel for the people of Iraq, their troops who most likely don't want to do what they will have to do and for our troops. I never agreed with the santions we put on the people of Iraq. All that did was hurt the people. Once the present regime is out of there which it will be, the santions Thank God will be able to be lifted at least and the innocent people of Iraq will hopefully be able to stop their suffering.

As for Scott Ritter, he can kiss my ass! JMO of course which usually isn't worth much! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Scott Ritter Article Here

This is the man that Scott Ritter defends and meets with.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It was Jesus who said "Thou shall not kill" and taught of forgiveness. Wise words to live by, in my opinion. Obviously not yours. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" is also in the Bible. And I can not ever recall Jesus saying we do not have the right to defend ourselves.

But I will give it a try:
    I forgive you osama and all those that helped and supported your efforts in killing over 3000 innocent civilians. Please don't do it again.

There we are all safe now.

On the off chance my forgivness will not work I will pick 2/2/2003 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Kinda makes me proud to be Pagan. Gees.........

T-Bone,
    Jesus didn't teach that.

Mathew 5:38-41
    "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles."

-Joey

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Mathew 5:38-41
    "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles."

-Joey <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then it looks like we were wrong to oppose hitler (responsibile for over 6 million deaths). And it looks like we were wrong to oppose the soviet union (responsible for over 20 million deaths). Perhaps we should all turn the other cheek and just surrender all our weapons to the radical muslums, allow them to kill us all and allow them to take over the world. And once they do that the name of Jesus will become non existant.

Just following your post through to its logical conclusion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

You know perfectly well that your one-sided conclusion isn't logical.

If we'd helped Germany after WW1 instead of making them suffer, Hitler wouldn't have risen to power.
    If the US stopped trying to exploit middle-eastern nations, they wouldn't be so pissed off at us.
    If the "radical muslums" didn't have a reason to want us dead, it wouldn't matter if they had all of the weapons in the world.

As Cellophane said, "This is the most disgusting post I have seen on this board". With some of the idiots who are running this country, I don't think it's likely, but I certainly hope the closest date to our invasion will be never.

-Joey

The phrase, "an eye for an eye" is in the Old Testament and is probably the most misused phrase ever. The fact is that the phrase doesn't refer to actual physical punishment at all. It means that the assailant is fined an eye's worth for the damage of an eye, ie. it's about payment.

I'm am not going to bore you with biblical details, I just wanted to mention that the Hebrew phrasing of "an eye for an eye" is ayin tachat ayin. From the Bible we can read that the word tachat never means that one party has to give or suffer something because another party has. Rather, it means that one party must give or suffer or do something that another party cannot do. For example, when a king dies his son succeeds, tachat, his father, the previous king. Tachat means a monetary exchange when two objects are exchanged for each other. When dealing with actions, it only refers to doing something for someone who cannot.

The meaning of the phrase can also be deduced by asking rethorical questions: For example, what would happen if a blind man blinded another? How could he be punished via "an eye for an eye"? He has no eyes himself.

So, does revenge have any place in Christianity at all? Actually, it does. "Vengeance is mine" says God. In other words: He shall be the judge - we are not to judge. And it's here the words Jesus spoke, "whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also", unfolds: We are not to retaliate ourselves, that is God's domain.

LOL, all the things you learn at ABW

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T-Bone:
    Well then it looks like we were wrong to oppose hitler (responsibile for over 6 million deaths).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

T-bone,
    Funny how someone always have to go back 60 years and bring up that guy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    First of all, that has nothing to do with an eye for an eye, these kind of situations are discussed elsewhere in the Bible. Second, please get your facts and numbers straight. First they took the communists, then they took the anarchists, free minded and homosexuals, then there were the euthanasia program, and not until in 1938 (round 1) and in 1942(?) (round 2) did they take the jews. And multiply your number with 2.
    btw, if you want to read about the situation in pre-war Germany, I suggest you start by searching google for Sophie Scholl.

-- Less is more --

I should have known better. Arguing with a liberal is like arguing with a drunk. It is you who are not being logical. You are being emotional wanting the world to be as you wish it to be. I choose reality as do most logical thinkers. We have been attacked. We are the last superpower. We will defend ourselves. How ironic is it that the whiners, cry babies, and the people that could not make the money they do now nor have the freedoms they have now any place else in this world will also benifit from the actions we take to ensure the continuity of our society. Save your self rightousnes for the unending supply of nevel chamberlain clones that seem to now infest our country.

Definitely makes me proud to be Pagan. Gees.........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We have been attacked. We are the last superpower. We will defend ourselves.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You forgot to add: "We will make bets on people's lives."

ABW Ambassador
    Makes me wish I were a vegetable so I could be oblivious to the whole crock of BS.

PS-(off on a tangent) Hi Joey long time no see. Hope all has been well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Shouldn't label a European a liberal. In most of mainland Europe, where nations have 5-8 parties in Parliament, the word liberal is used in conjunction with economy and society. It means "loose rules". In America the word is used as a political label, because US is in reality a two-party state (which two parties may change by vote), hence the use of conservaties and liberals.

What I wrote was not rethorical fog talk, I was merely quoting some facts, no opinions.
    Here are the opinions.

When it comes to the famous Osama, I think that as much as everyone understands the grief and anger felt by the relatives of the victims of 9/11, it's equally important not to forget the grief and anger felt by [insert your number here] of people around the world after what is now quite a long list of invasions, intervention and other types of involvement in a string of countries in South America, Latin America, Asia, Africa and Arabia. Yes, this is including actions that took place in Indonesia, East Timor, Chile, Kongo, Nicaragua, El Salvador, and others, as well as Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

If they are to hate Americans just as much as Americans hate the perpetrators of 9/11, there is a lot of hating going on in the world.

Osama and his 70.000 man organization rose from that hate - and I find that a great example of that hate or unilateralism leads the world nowhere.

Two rules comes to mind:
    1. Lead by being the better example (don't do yourself what you tell others not to do)
    2. Judge people based on their actions, not what they say.

Often I hear someone saying, "I prefer peace, and happiness and forgiveness, - but just in *this case* we have to kill/stop/put an end to [something ]. To me that reminds of criminals in court saying "I didn't mean it, please judge me by my wishful thinking, not by what I did or what I advocated others to do".

To me it's simple. I don't have respect for action that comes from unilateralism. I fully respect, even when I disagree with, actions following a democratic vote, for instance actions carried out by the UN. This is the difference between endorsing democracy or endorsing dictatorship.

To hear some people advocating that people in other parts of the world will benefit when the western world inflict "the best way of life" upon them, is the same as neglecting the fact that what those people view as the best way of life isn't necessarily the western way of life, - with abortions, divorces, drugs, homocides and pollution. People have the right, and the responsibility, to choose their own leaders. If they choose a communist, it's their chose and their loss.

In my opinion, the western world should work towards improving human rights, not changing political systems in other parts of the world, or replacing their political leaders.

When it comes to Iraq, I have always said that Iraq today is already cornered. Nothing significant can get in or out of Iraq without the UN or US finding out about it and intervening. Today there are far more dangerous regimes in the world. We can either invade each and everyone of them, or try to establish rules for biological, chemical and nuclear weapons through international agreements.
    In the latter case, US is not leading by example, as the White House recently decided against an agreement to reduce the presence of biological weapons. Which is in their right, but then they cannot expect other nations to do better.

-- Less is more --

[This message was edited by Cellophane on December 08, 2002 at 01:54 AM.]

Joey, I think it's great your anti-war. I think war sucks too. But sometimes there is such a thing as a just war. And if you don't believe Word War 2 was a just war, then you need to sit in the corner with Barbra Streisand and Michael Moore.

Btw, what is this thing with Middle-aged American women and wolves? I wonder how many decorative wolf plates are on their walls...

Hey Deelz! Good to see you too. I never really left, I've just been too busy making money to do a lot of posting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

HappySausage,
    WW2 evolved into a situation of kill or be killed. It didn't happen because our president wanted revenge and oil.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hitler attacked all of Europe because he wanted absolute power over people. He attacked the ME to get oil and the Natzi's were smart enough not to trust their Arab allies with guns. Britain and the US saved the collective butts of every Muslim living on the face of the earth by sacrifing our young men in battle. The only sand tribe that actually waged war at our sides were the Jews. The Arabs just stood by and watched or helped the Natzis torture the POWs or rat out allied troop movements.

Japan allied with Hitler and waged war beginning when, for you youngsters skipping history class. Right, Dec 7th by sneak attack killing 2600 Americans. They sought to capture natural resources from all their neighboring countries and like the Natzi's... rule with an iron fist. Saddam worships Allah for the supreme excuse of following Muhammad's teaching about killing infidels and absolute control by terror of your followers like a slave owner.

Next to his Quaran is a copy of Hitlers Mein Kemph. Two birds of a feather and he knows Hitler would approve of his sneak attack on Kwait to capture their Oil fields..loot their treasures and enslaven their people. The USA & allies, behind the leadership of GWB's Dad, kicked Saddams butt out of Kwait to the point he begged for a cease fire. Sounds like what happened in Israel's 1967 War.

Now comes the point of this history and patriotic lesson. Did the USA take over a single Oil well in Kwait? Did they slaughter 20,000 innocent Muslims like Saddam did after the ceasefire. Did they setup a puppet regime in Kwait? Did the USA not use the victory to bring the Jew hating ME Arabs to the peace table to finalize a ME peace treaty over the Palestine issues?

Had they not tried these liberal approaches to appease the Arab dictators, but rather continued on into Bagdad & beyond, and allowed Israel to attack Seria -Lebenon and march thru Jordan to meet up with US and Allied forces in Iraq we'd have solved today's world problems with Islamic terrorist. United under fear, all Arab states would have had to publically recognize Israel's right to exist and live peacefully within it's 1967 borders. The Palistians would have had to look to their Arab brothers for a place to call home.

Shame on GWB's dad and those whimpy US Generals for not doing just that. No wonder the Muslims think were a soft target to attack. Desert Storm was a joke of a war led by liberal press and CNN reporters. The action resulted in a hang nail injury on our combined troops and the inaction has resulted in hundreds of thousands of slaughtered innocents by Muslim radicals in Kishmir -Afganistan -India -Israel -Phillipeans -Malesia, Indonesia,Russia , The Balkins, N Africa and 3000 USA citizens in NYC.

PS; ...and the bastards have just begun their terroristic campaign. Just follow the blood trail coming from a local Mall and Movie theatre near you to the nearest mosque, if they have their way!

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on December 08, 2002 at 03:33 PM.]

Well said WebMaster Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Shame on GWB's dad and those whimpy US Generals for not doing just that. No wonder the Muslims think were a soft target to attack. Desert Storm was a joke of a war led by liberal press and CNN reporters. The action resulted in a hang nail injury on our combined troops and the inaction has resulted in hundreds of thousands of slaughtered innocents by Muslim radicals in Kishmir -Afganistan -India -Israel -Phillipeans -Malesia, Indonesia,Russia , The Balkins, N Africa and 3000 USA citizens in NYC.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let us not forget the un in this equation. The coalition built in Gulf War One was done with the approval and accecptance of the un with the provisio that we were only to liberate Kuwait and not remove saddam from power. Bush Sr. was not a strong enough man to have accomplished anything more. It looks as if GWB has a larger set of gonads and hopefully will tell the un to F Off when the time comes. We do not need the un. Indeed it was the USA that was attacked. Who in the hell cares what the rest of the world thinks while we seek our retribution and annialtion of those that seek to destroy us, our friends and allies. Most of the world is jealous of our success and prosperity and uses to un to try to knock us down to their misrable level. It is easier to do than to spend the time as we have to achieve the level of properity that we now enjoy.
    F the un. We will do what we have to to maintain our way of life. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast