Anybody have some recommendations on a voice recognition software?

I've tried IBM ViaVoice that comes with Lotus but with all the sirens and noise here it was a pain to try to get it to recognize anything. I don't know if it was the cheap headphones that came with it or the fact that WordPro kept freezing my computer that made me stop trying.

When I found myself having to say 'the' 4 times to get a 'thah' on my screen I figured my typing skills aren't THAT BAD!

Alas...again I've grown tired of typing. Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

Richard White
    AffiliateFirst Directory
    AffiliateFirst Submission Services

Hmmm... have you thought of hiring someone to type while you dictate? Maybe you can get a student from a local college to intern.

The great thing about an intern is that he or she can do a lot of other things that voice recognition software can't, too - like answer the phone, organize your office, etc.

J

There are other perks to interns.
    Just ask b... nevermind

Game on!!!!

Well the dictating idea is great, and those perks that could come with having a intern are tempting..........

Unfortunately the local college is Columbia. NYC, nothin's cheap. (as I smoke my $.35 cigarette)

Now if I was in 'Columbia' that may be an option, (but, then I'd be asking for a translating software [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Anyway, I've looked at few programs like ViaVoice and Dragon just wondering if anyone uses them and if they could give me some feedback.

Richard White
    AffiliateFirst Directory
    AffiliateFirst Submission Services

By far, the best I've ever setup for a client is Dragon Naturally Speaking from Scansoft.

I have several clients using it and they all seem to like it. But a good quality microphone, and a relatively quiet environment is very helpful on any of these products.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    HUSH .."Hmmm... have you thought of hiring someone to type while you dictate?" ..Charlie will want a paycheck if he finds out this is considered a job.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    I've always heard that Dragon Naturally Speaking is the best...has been for years...
    I tried it a couple years ago and found it more trouble than it was worth...plus, it took an hour or more to set up...I just remember it being a real pain, but I'm sure all that software has come a long way since I tried it out...

Supras | Celicas

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread