It's Christmas eve, guys, and last I looked there were 28 members, myself included, hanging around somewhere on this board - and 8 anonyous guests. Are some of us actually sneaking off from family stuff to spend time here?

I'm not doing family stuff 'til tomorrow, which is why I'm here. We don't even have a tree this year because my boyfriend hasn't finished painting the downstairs like he was supposed to (that's what I asked for my Christmas gift... didn't get it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img])

Edmonton Canada
    I'm here because apart from it being the best place on the web,
    my wife is working [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    my kids are about 8000 miles away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I've run out of beer and the shops are shut [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Merry Xmas to all ABW'ers new and old

I added the old then you would not feel left out Guffy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The Swamp
    I finished up all I can do with the holiday rush for the business this year earlier today. So now I'm taking a mental health breather. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I won't be doing Christmas until Saturday. That's when we are going to be able to get everyone together who are spread out all over the country. Will be the first time in several years. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] It's the family being together, not the day we do it. So that means I get a day tomorrow I can do whatever I want and rest up in anticipation of this weekend. There will be so much catching up to do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

lol! Santa has been and gone here, pressies are opened, gallons of jungle juice have been consumed so I'm not even going to attempt to work out how to use the high tech espresso/capuccino maker.

Kids are disappointed because the 'Barbie Dance Party' gift doesn't work, so it's a trip into Toysrus during the week standing in line with other disgruntled parents agh!!!

We've caught up with friends and family, had too much to eat and drink, all that's left is the cleanup, gossip and a hangover!

Christmas Eve there was a really bad storm just around dinner time. The power went out here, but it caused major damage to in other areas, so that's put a serious dampener on Chrissy for many and there's another expected later today.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

NJ, USA
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    I've run out of beer and the shops are shut [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Oops, luckily you found the spare bottle of Canadian Club? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    For me this is the quiet time each night. This is usually my time on the computer so of course I have to hang around in here too. Our 81/2 year old only made it until 9:30 till falling asleep. The 6 yr old only lasted until 8:15 He has a bit of stomach bug, better today but wiped out. I can't ever remember getting to sleep that early waiting for Santa. Of course they look so angelic asleep with all the thoughts of their presents awaiting them.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Presents wrapped and waiting for my grandaughter. We opened some on Yule with her but put some under the Yule tree* so she could wait for Santa at the same time as her friends. It's our compromise for a child.

Our "big" dinner was on the 21st (Winter Solstice) as was our religious celebration. We exchanged small presents then.

Will visit old friends and friends celebrating Christmas tomorrow.

Had the big Pagan Yule party in Kentucky on the 15th.

*It was ours first, don't cha know?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread