Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    If you will, how about some of you explain what your usernames mean. We see them every day and have no idea what they mean in a lot of cases. What is a perfect G, is skingarments something from silence of the lambs, how deep is Elbow Creek and ? does BLFH stand for?

Let Fear Be Far from All

"NOVA" means Starlight!

That's me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

also my given birth name!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

ABW Ambassador
    Guffy

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=guff*1+0

and Gordron, you can keep shtum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Mad Doctor Gfufy

ROFLMAO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Most of what he said was just a load of guff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never was a truer bunch of words written [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    I just new you wouldn't resist that Gordon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mad Doctor Gfufy

I particularly want to know where or why iucpxleps came up with his/her nickname. Everytime I see it, I think of that mischievous character in the old Superman comic books - Mr. Mxyzptlk!

My own nickname is simple. Kat, short for Kathleen.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hey, a girl has to have some secrets. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Actually, its the abbreviation of my original screen name when I joined the boards, and with the upgrade I decided it was just too darn long. People were always shortening it to BLFH anyway. Don't you just hate when people change their screen names. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

For members with really good memories, you can figure it out. For everyone else, that still doesn't help very much does it????? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

lol BLFH. I remember your original name. I was glad you shortened it because everytime you posted, all the posts got pushed to the right side of my screen.... made for difficult reading!

ABW Ambassador
    Very simple for me. Just a nickname for Carol
    Cazzie

Mines easy
    my real name was ggyjbssf but it got misspelt that often I changed it to Gordon, now that is getting spelt wrong so often I think I might change my name to 1

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Geez Gorgon...

How in the world could anyone misspell your handle? Some people huh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I remember your original name. I was glad you shortened it because everytime you posted, all the posts got pushed to the right side of my screen.... made for difficult reading! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] LOL. I never realized that! I know it used to take up 1/4 of a line on the front page where it lists everybody who is logged on.

@Gordon

And all this time I thought it meant "Fishstick King" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    BLFH
    You would laugh yourself silly if you only knew where my mind was going between BLFH and your original name. Could never get your initals straight and I kept coming up with BLWH like in texas LOL So glad you are sticking to the initials now. I don't have to think as hard now:D No offence intended.
    Cazzie

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Affiliate = Publisher ( ???? )

Buddha = The enlightened one!

---
    "Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals" - The Tathagata

Cazzie,

That's actually what I was kind of going for when I came up with the name. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] So no offense taken and I'm glad to know other people think that way. Kind of makes it stick in your mind doesn't it. LOL. I'm working on an idea for an ad right now using that concept. Hopefully, I can get my brother to whip it up for me while he's home for the holidays. I'll give you a peek if he gets it done.

Of course, if others don't keep their mitts off of my money, I may have to acutally resort to that line of work in order to pay the bills. Only thing is I'm not sure if I could get anymore doing that than I can off of those skimpy little 5c leads. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ONLY JOKING!

NewcastleB? Newcastle Brown Ale, what else?

It’s a holdover from my drinking days.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

Well, um...no interesting story to tell for me... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I didn't have to shorten it because it was messing up everyone's screen... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I wasn't creative enough to come up with something like Affiliate Buddha when I joined... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mine's just short for Andrew! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

ABW Ambassador
    Hello Andy...

Andrew is a proud name. One that comes from the Greek; albeit they stole it from somewhere because the origin might be aner, which actually meant "man", or at least "from man".

In other words, your name belongs to all of us....

Best wishes this Holiday Season...

Not so Obstinate - this time of year - Don

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

Springsteen's Jungleland is an old favorite of mine.

"...the poets down here don't write nothing at all. They just stand back and let it all be."

Good stuff.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I came up with Elbow Creek years ago, as an idea I wanted to develop with other authors. My goal was to create a shared world environment, where, as an author, you could include my characters in your stories, and yours in mine, and we could develop plots that intermingled amongst multiple authors. Thought it would be a fun way to meet other writers.

The name just felt right for my site and genre.

Had I not been a nerd about it, I suppose I would have come up with something along the lines of Hiro Protagonist or Stiletto or some other cool nickname, but ah well.

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

ABW Ambassador
    I wanna hear it straight from Happypoon! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Phuket raised a few hackles, but was self-explanatory to some who were familiar with the name (and the place).

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

I don't think any explanations are required.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hopefully, I can get my brother to whip it up for me while he's home for the holidays. I'll give you a peek if he gets it done <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, nevermind. Won't go there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"NOVA" means Starlight!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Nova, that is not entirely correct [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].
    The astonomer in me woke up.. sorry.

A nova is a star which suddenly becomes very bright and then returns to its previous brightness over a period of time.

Hey... even better than Starlight.

My Display Name does not require any translation and yes, Carsten is my real name.
    I have a real computer nick name for over 10 years, but only used/use it on BBS's and IRC channels.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

I'm Haiko (pronounced as Hy-co), my real name and I love it ...except when someone calls me "psycho" (Networks and parasites [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] )

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast