We had a fun 28 inches os snow here in Northern VA! The last storm we had here like this was in 1996 with 42 inches! Everything here is at a standstill.. Government closed, Schools closed...State of Emergency here in VA.. does that mean someone will bring us hot chocolate on the tax payers? ha ha!

We had some drizzles last week. Nasty stuff those drizzles. We're pretty much back to normal now.

Looks like there might be more drizzles late this week. Ouch... 20% chance. OK, gotta go... only about another good hour of sun left for tanning.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    I am so jealous. Heard on the news that the East coast? of US was the worst blizzards since 1920 somthing. I love the snow. I used to dream of being snowed in so I could not open my front door to go to school (my school never closed). Now I would love to be snowed in so I could get in front of the fire with my wife - or maybe just work some more on my sites

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Nope, just a flurry down here.

My sister lives in Alexadria, and even before this blizzard she'd call me up and laugh about the (in)ability of the road crews and people in general to deal with snow down there... is it really true that if someone predicts four inches of snow that everyone rushes out and stocks up on dry goods and bottled water, and that the snow-plow drivers leave humps down the middle of intersections? I suspect some of her stories must be exagerated for effect- people don't really abandon cars on the beltway if it starts to flurry do they?

PerfectG- yeah, my school closed way too seldom for snow. We'd always listen to the radio the morning of big snows, and they'd list a dozen schools in the area that were closed, and all we'd get is a few school-busses not running. But when we did get snow days- what could be better than a day off school with 24" of snow to play in? Snow days rock!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    PLAY in it?! Is THAT what some kids would do?!

Heck, I was always too busy rolling over and going back to sleep on a snow day, to do that. A mumbled prayer of thanksgiving as I bolted back to Dreamland, then a few hours later, after I got enough sleep to function properly, it was on with the Atari for some (nice warm and dry!) enjoyment!

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

I'm originally from New York, but have lived in Los Angeles since I was five. I haven't been back East during the winter since. Kudos to you all on the East coast. I don't think I could handle it. Honestly! I'd be a wreck.

The media is funny about things out here. Whenever we have a little drizzle the news stations start in with their "STORM WATCH 2003" coverage. It's pure comedy for out of towners. Yeah... the news out here is great... live police chases and STORM WATCH 2003... ha.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

I miss the snow... The weather here's only slightly wetter than where Frank is.

ABW Ambassador
    I remember when I was in a US Army reception station in South Carolina. We got a dusting of snow, and a guy from Miami who had never seen it before freaked out and was rolling around in a fetal position screaming that he wanted to go home. When he finally calmed down (inside the barracks, of course), he asked if helicopters would be sent to transport us to the chow hall (about a 3-minute walk away)

CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank - UrbanScooters.com:
    We had some drizzles last week. Nasty stuff those drizzles. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Four inches of drizzles, as I recall.

ABW Ambassador
    sirensong said "is it really true that if someone predicts four inches of snow that everyone rushes out and stocks up on dry goods and bottled water, and that the snow-plow drivers leave humps down the middle of intersections? I suspect some of her stories must be exagerated for effect- people don't really abandon cars on the beltway if it starts to flurry do they?"

YES IT IS TRUE ROFLMAO

Im from up North originally and now live in the mid south, and yes even if there is a chance of one inch of snow, the stores are packed!! And, people just leave their cars on the interstate!

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

ABW Ambassador
    Anne,
    I feel your pain here in Northern VA..we are over in Fair Lakes

This first one is my wifes car

In this last pic, those window sills you see are almost waist high...lots of blowing and snow drifts. The shopping center up the street has snow piles the size of small buildings.

What really stinks is I've been surviving OK in it...I spent the night at work on Sunday so I could be ready for Monday AM...Survived everything. Monday night, decided I was going to to make the trek home (about 70 miles). Made it home just fine and was able to dig a parking spot. This morning at 4am was on my way out the door to work and had a flat tire sheesh

One thing to note in this area is that every gas station in this area seems to be out of gas. I did find one about 20 miles from my house that is open with gas...hope its still that way when I change the tire

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Those Fair Lakes pics look like ours, ha ha! I am in Loudoun County.. our schools are closed all week. I am happy. I like having my kids at home .. I guess that is because I am at home all of the time and don't have a "real " job, LOL!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread