I have to say I'm quite upset, Upromise/ebates seem to offer cash back for shopping online, upromise- college. and why promote them? when you are there competition. $3 per membership. U-promise or ebates makes $$$$ for every purchase your customer makes. and you only make $3 when they could make thousands. Doesn't seem right to me. what do others think? I'm in the process of making something similar to ebates but Pay affiliates $ based on there customers activity though our services. Do you think that is more fair then a one time commission of $3? get payed based on viewing our offers, and $ for each confirmed purchase you make though our site. So lets see if you buy a dvd, I make $5, Affiliates would make $2. plus passive income based on there customers loyalty?

I think that is much better then U-promise and ebates, By the way Upromise disabled my account at befree.. wonder why? :0). Stealing from affiliates should get there site disabled? What is your opinion on this Scott? at Befree.

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    I'm guessing English isn't your first language, so, I'm trying to make out exactly what you intended to convey. I also have concerns about Up-romise. I think I'll post a separate thread in the parasiteware forum because I think you're saying something different, but, I'm not sure.

I really have no idea what you're talking about starting your own service. Do you mean something like catalog city, an affiliate middleman type setup? I'm not sure how you intend to make $7+ margins on DVD's with this setup but I'm interested.

You seem to be asking for opinions, and I say personally I don't see why any affiliate would promote it. (As I say that I realize that there are affiliates who promote ebates, and Upromise.. which seems to be the jist of your post..duh.whoops.. So maybe some would.) I don't see why any "smart" affiliates would, unless you were able to acheive enough mass and brand. I'd rather promote the same merchants you are promoting and get the full comission... You sound like you don't want to offer anything back to the shoppers (ala ebaits/upromoise) so whats your angle at shopper loyalty?

Confused...

Good Luck.

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

ABW Ambassador
    gist? whoops.

I just posted a thread with perhaps a similar theme in one of the parasiteware forums. Probably more confusing LOL

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

Actually I'm offering free gifts, certificates for shopping though my site, also what's wrong with my english may I ask? What is this? (ala ebaits/upromoise) hmm spelling mistake there Anyway I do offer a reward to shop though my site. I'm offering something much better and unique then ebates and upromise. I do not use any parasiteware and or spyware at my site. I'm stil working on it...

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    Yah, my engrish sux too. And I have no excuse, its my first language.

Anyway, rewards, I see, so you offer a reward then you offer ebates and upromise? Interesting concept.

Thanks for the info.

----
    -J

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread